I hate calls on ET, haven't done it in years. But OIL is at Bottom

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by apak, Nov 15, 2008.

1. You sound like some wanker from eastern Europe that just watched a kung fu movie. Grasshopper? LOL WTF!

No one takes you seriously. Constantly winning investors/traders exude a certain persona and you defiantly do not show it grasshopper.

#21     Nov 16, 2008
  2. bellman

bellman

I don't disagree that the OP lacks a bit of credibility, but does anyone here honestly believe that oil won't be above $150 in 3-5 years. I'm a strictly intraday guy myself, and purely technicals, but my goodness. It's obvious that banks make a lot more money when the money supply is increasing. World banks will do everything in their power to bump oil prices up to insane levels. Nobody is crying about inflation, the fear is entirely focused on the possibilities of financial collapse. If I had 40k to lock up for a few years, I'd absolutely go long oil.

#22     Nov 16, 2008
  3. Considering that the world is about to completely revamp its handling of currencies and of US debt, it is a safe bet that NOBODY knows where oil or any other commodity will be in "3-5 years".

#23     Nov 16, 2008

4. A reader of the RFT blog (financialtraders blog) sent me an email Friday about oil and how to play it.

My answer was to sell the 50 USO Nov puts at 4.90 or to do it synthetically by buying underlying and selling strike 50 calls as it was better in terms of bid-ask prices particularly if he aleady has a long position in oil.

I understand that he established his position on Friday.

A main point is that if you want to play oil, play it via USO. "Oil Stocks prices are a sort of call option on oil"

#24     Nov 16, 2008
  5. apak

apak

average person on ET is so stupid

lot of them just serve fries at local fast food joint

I ain't joking

#25     Nov 16, 2008
  6. apak

apak

hey little grasshopper you are so efin dumb

how do I know

well you won't learn from me and I am teaching you for free

that's how I know you are retarded :D

#26     Nov 16, 2008
  7. Specterx

Specterx

I would not bet money on it, that's for sure. The one thing we know for certain these days is that a major economic shift is underway, with unpredictable consequences for the market value of pretty much everything. I honestly have no idea where oil will be in several years, and I have no particular reason to think it'll be higher than where it is today.

And anyway, this particular trade is horrendous: 1:1 RR, buying into a falling knife with an arbitrary stop and target, based on the "it can't possibly go lower" signal?

#27     Nov 16, 2008
  8. apak

apak

finally someone on ET with at least beginning of a brain

good for you too see the problem,

no one should trade like this constantly

however once in a while trades are fool proof

give it a few years, you might get to the point of knowing when to step outside of rules

#28     Nov 16, 2008
  9. A fool and his ego are to be found making predictions on ET.

#29     Nov 16, 2008
  10. apak

apak

kiwi

you are such a kiwi aren't you LOL

try every now and then to use your head to make good trades

try is sometimes for god's sake :p

#30     Nov 16, 2008