I had to get a real Job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fan27, Apr 5, 2004.

1. fan27

fan27

I am alive and well ElectricSavant. There has been some fallout with me having to get a job. My girlfriend is not very happy. She comes back from vacation today and has another 4 day weekend coming up. She said her feelings were hurt that I had to work Friday and Saturday ( I have sunday off). She said "do what you have to do". I am going to have to have a little heart to heart with her. If she can't deal, she's gone. I am willing to go to any lengths to make it as a trader and the last thing I am going to do is let a woman get in the way of my goal.

No trades yesterday. Like I said previously, My trading signal doesn't occur very often. However, it has been the only thing I have been able to make money from. One solution could be to take my one trading signal and apply it across several markets (I just thought of this while typing this post). The signal is a Rail Road Tracks trade (coined by Jo Dinapoli). The signal takes advantage of traders caught in a failed breakout\breakdown.

Thanks for everyone's input.

fan27

#31     Apr 6, 2004
  2. Ditch

Ditch

That's the spirit!:D

#32     Apr 6, 2004
  3. good for you, man...don't let the traps that befell hitman snare you, too...

i'm really glad we have a schmuck/conman like wally posting to this thread. i think it's informative to have somebody giving free advice be a posterboy for what NOT to listen to.

lemme guess - wally's already sent you like 3 PM's about his method...

my guess is that you, like many other newbie traders starting out remotely, probably lost a great deal of money following such great advice, or "pearls" as they're sometimes called.

free advice, such as mystical times when the market will do something, but exactly what is unclear unless you subscribe to a service, is a good way to go broke fast.

a good methodology must come from within. you must spend the time mining your data, finding what works for you, and building on it. it takes a long time.

good luck, and don't take any advice from anyone selling anything, or any shit from your girlfriend.

-dungholio

#33     Apr 6, 2004
  4. I do not know why do you call wally a schmuck and conman .
    I did not know that this kind of language is allowed on ET .

Just in case you meant moi, you lying, fat, ugly pos , I am the ubermensch and you are the schmuck .

#34     Apr 6, 2004
  5. Ditch,
    Are you still doing well trading the German Bund? I read your posts before when you were trading the index futures and you were mostly trading pullbacks. From what I can see bonds don't have as many pullbacks. Could I ask what method you're using for the bonds?

#35     Apr 27, 2004
  6. GSCO

GSCO

Maybe you should try treating trading for a living as a "REAL JOB" with planning, schedules, and routine hard work.

#36     Apr 27, 2004
  7. c_verm

c_verm

When I started out trading my goal was to trade the SPY, QQQ, DIA for a living. After a couple of years learning technical analysis, testing strategies ect.. I decided to trade individual stocks. I find individual stocks Much easier that playing the overall market, not to mention stocks post uch larget gains per week than the SPY. That alone produces more profits unless your using options.

Hope all is well

#37     Apr 28, 2004