I Had To Do It: Poll - Who Thinks A Crash Is Near (1-4 months)?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 25, 2006.

Will There Be a Stock Market Crash (20% Plus) Within The Next 4 Months?

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. No

119 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I Don't Know

41 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Mo, I'm afraid there will be no fight. Instead, I'm getting Jerry Lewis warmed up to start the telethon! The phone lines are open! LOL.

#51     Oct 12, 2006

2. You're a funny guy. Particulary the 5000 expressions. IF one were to do a frequency disrtribution of all participants, you'd be off in one of the tails. Way off. I guess that makes you......eh........special.

I now more clearly understand the word deviatations stems from deviates.

See ya, tommorow Mav!

#52     Oct 12, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

We got our first caller! And what is your donation sir? Efficiency is very special and he needs all the support he can get. Oh wait, Jerry's kids are not suppose to call. Your the benefactor! Bwahahahahahahah. :D

#53     Oct 12, 2006
  4. Just responding to YOUR invitation clownboy. In fact, I seem to be the only one. Given your 5000 posts, one would think you'd wield more influence. Silly me. You should urge the moderators to put a gold star beside your moniker.

As for self-righteous, here's one of my fuckups. In 3 points too soon, covered too soon at $40. What can I say, I like round numbers. Waiting for appropriate re-entry. Don't confuse that with astronauts or astro nuts. Or......your nuts.

#54     Oct 13, 2006
  5. ================

Actually thought ES wouldnt clear 1313[mistake],
    except maybe in 4th quarter;
    OCT is an interesting month for crashes.

More likely scerierio is a mutiday downtrend;
    like has already happened in OCT, dont care to vote on severity of next downtrend.

Remember one of my favorite wise nicknames for a downtrend =polar bear trend,;
    ice can melt quick, even in colder[not warmerr]winter

murray TT
    [turtle is a nickname, not alias]

#55     Oct 13, 2006
  6. And speaking of downtrends or polar bear trends, looking forward to it, but thats not a prediction.

Triyng to scale in some longs[wouldnt get my limit price yesterday];
    rather be long-er real estate, now.
    but am still working on trying to scale in on some longs, in stock/derivatives market.:cool: :p

#56     Oct 13, 2006
  7. Repetition in upper case is truly a touch of class. I guess that comes from seasoned posting experience..

Yep, every listed stock. No dispute there. You know how many listed stocks there are priced below $7? See IF you can fit the tickers on one sheet of paper. Then repeat with a $15 threshold. Point being, the composite is a market cap weighted index. The listed components of the SPX encompass roughly 90% of the composite, rendering the disntinction between the NYA and SPX inconsequential.

Now the Value Line, entails the 1700 stocks that "matter". Both listed and NASDAQ. Only additions/deletions stem from M&A, rather than the whims of Dow Jones and Standard & Poor. Furthermore, it's an arithmetic mean. No funky divisors or weighting. "It's" not an an all time high.

Does an all time matter? Some view it NO resistance. Others, maximum risk point. I'd prefer to think of it as seeking new resistance, then stall. There's quite a distinction between an index and the underlying issues. Encompasses the concept of rotation.

This is a sucker rally, with added media fanfare. Nasdaq is adversiting "Everyday is like Sunday" to get their share of suckers. Foregone conlusion about a NASDAQ all time high.

Crash? The flavor of this thread. Six sigma event. Should occur once in a thousand years. I've experienced three. Thus far.

I'd rather chew on you. You're bait. And......with 5000 posts, I'd venture to say Master bait.

• vay.jpg
      File size:
      68.8 KB
      Views:
    #57     Oct 16, 2006