I Had To Do It: Poll - Who Thinks A Crash Is Near (1-4 months)?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 25, 2006.

Will There Be a Stock Market Crash (20% Plus) Within The Next 4 Months?

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. No

119 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I Don't Know

41 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Short rants????????????????????????????????????

Presently have 14 long and 3 short positions.

Desperate? Eh.................you're the one with the 5000 posts. Crave attention? Lack human intervention? Low self-esteem? BORE DUM? Or just ezy to shoot your mouth off behind a computer screen? There has to be some motive, and it isn't vast knowledge. Only your shrink would know for sure.

Moderators won't do anything about your incessant bullshit, so I'm just responding. Though...........probably NOT lockstep. Wouldn't wanna get my count up and stick OUT like a sore thumb.

SPY encompasses roughly 90% of the NY Composite in terms of market capitalization. What was your point?

Gann? Nope never owned a "wee gee" board. Didn't much care for geometry and I don't wear a wrist watch. Elliot? Precther looks like somebody I beat up in a junior high locker room.

More like Wilder (in the correct context).

Enuff for today. See ya tommorow, Mav!

#41     Oct 10, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Somebody is wound up pretty tight. LOL. Dude, you are a tool, deal with it. I find your logic funny and entertaining. But I'll move on, nothing left to see here. You obviously have more important matters to deal with, have a great day! LOL. Please stop responding to me. Your posts originally provided comic relief, now they are becoming a bore.

#42     Oct 10, 2006
  3. segv

segv

Which one of you bears wants to sell me 1000 ES calls?

-segv

#43     Oct 10, 2006
  4. I wouldn't perceive myself as a dude, comedian, or Einstein.
    Speaking of comedians, you come across as a heckler in a comedy club.

Wound pretty tight? Yep 100 posts in 3 years. Pretty tight.

Naturally , I have more important matters. 1. "Covering" my overhead. 2. Building capital. 3. Dealing with any mistakes. Yep, I have a well worn eraser on my pencil.

But that's WHEN the market's in session. Got lots of time at the moment.

Deal with it?....................... YOU deal with "it". Between us, which has 5000 posts on a public forum? Invitations, pal Fair game. Might reflect a lack of discipline or compulsion.

Bore? Pull your head OUT of your ass. Look in the mirror. Do ya see the stuffed shirt? Me? Most of what I see are insults from behind a computer. . I'm waiting to see SOME substance. Eh........NY Composite being a few ticks from an all time high "isn't" it.

Stop responding to YOU? Sure, just as soon is you stop extolling your wiz dum on a public forum OR.....the moderators move you to chit chat (where you belong).

You wanna stick to the flavor of the thread, namely a crash? Is that difficult?

There isn't anybody on this site, particularly myself, that can predict a crash with much accuracy. Only conceptually, making the poll pointless. One exception, the re-opening on 9/18/01. Most knew "that" was coming. Couldn't act upon it.

Personally, I don't prefer the word predict. More like anticipations and contingencies.

A crash is a contrived six sigma event. Generally needs a news item to serve as an alibi. True order imbalances result in delayed opens (or halts). A gap is maneuver. Either inventory adjustment or moving away from position basis. Wholesale gap downs across the board are orchestrated. What ELSE could "they" be Coincidence? Issues that don't gap follow suit.

Multiply shares outstanding per issue by the amount of the gap. Psst.....then sum.

2/3 of those running money weren't around in 1989, or 1987. Even fewer 73-74. Besides, it isn't THEIR money. Portfoilo insurance is no longer a buzz word, but derivatives are as rampant than ever. I beleive JPM's posture dwarfs its capital yet, they don't even know 'who's" on the other side.

The same demographic BULGE that brought muscle cars in the 70's and more recently the housing boom is also fair game in terms of PASSIVE 401-K's etc. Easy pickin's (don't confuse that with T. Boone).

It's not a matter of the identity crisis of being a bull, bear, or combination of both. More like knowing OR not knowing that mister market can humble you on "short" or no notice. Been there..............have you?

#44     Oct 11, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Where are my fav shorties at? Come on out wherever you are! :D

#45     Oct 12, 2006
  6. Markets just continue to rotate markets while the real eastate market deflates. Done with energy, metals, small caps, em. into big caps, tech, grains.

#46     Oct 12, 2006
  7. Hey, you're only 22 away from the big 5000. An all time high of it's own. Squeeze a little harder.

You're overlooking the most blatant of conepts, there's always somebody on the other side of the trade. In this instance, selling INTO strength.

Either profit taking, selling from inventory, or yep, short selling.

Both VAR and LH treated me fine given the cirmcumstances, and # of 52 week highs at 148 yesterday (don't have today's tally) is MOST impressive.

Is your eggshell fragile ego fed now? Or would you prefer I elaborate? It would be my pleasure.

#47     Oct 12, 2006
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nah, I love self righteous f*cks like you that feel compelled to go into long elaborate explanations of why you are doing well like I are anyone else cares. It's a message board pal, save the bragging for the wife or girlfriend. Nobody cares. I just love to get a rise out of you. To be frank with you, I am shocked you bother to go into these long diatribes to explain yourself. Save yourself the trouble.

#48     Oct 12, 2006
  9. Bring on round 8. Lucky I didn't give up my seats.

#49     Oct 12, 2006
  10. Not self-righteous. Got an eraser on my pencil. I think most readers would probably prefer an inkling of substance over one-liners.

I'm shocked you'd hang around and reply. Kinda like a troll. I'm flattered. And, for me, it's sport.

Not bragging. Not much to brag about, yet. But I will visually convey risk/reward. Note the little blip up to $72 that didn't hold. IF you want VAR too, let me know

• lh.jpg
      File size:
      71.6 KB
      Views:
    #50     Oct 12, 2006