I guess no hockey fans on ET

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gunslinger, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Holy Crap that was funny. :D :D :D

#11     Jun 21, 2006

2. nevermind......... :eek:

#12     Jun 21, 2006
  3. GGSAE

GGSAE

Do they really sell out? I've heard everygame of the final in carolina had seats remaining...the regular season was much worse, teams would report 16 k sold and there would be maybe 10 in the stands.

Anyways, congrats to carolina...guess i'm still bitter about ottawa's loss.

#13     Jun 21, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Back when the NHL had 6 teams, then 12, even 14 I was a huge fan. By the time the WHA arrived and it seemed that everyone on the globe who'd ever owned a pair of skates was playing professional hockey, I lost interest. I mean, COLUMBUS, OHIO? Hopefully the strength in CAD will allow hockey to return in Winnipeg and Ottawa.

#14     Jun 21, 2006
  5. sps_45

sps_45

Being someone who grew up in Edmonton it was hard watching the Oilers get back to the finals after 16 yrs only to lose, but they made it a pretty damn good series. The hitting in game 6 was pretty sick. If Edmonton took that same aggressive approach into game 7 the cup was theirs for the taking.

#15     Jun 21, 2006
  6. has anyone heard a peep out of Theo Fleury after leaving the blackhawks (last I heard he was up in some league in Canada, but that was a while ago)..

Rick Tocchet? whatever happened to him?

#16     Jun 21, 2006
  7. GGSAE

GGSAE

huh, wtf? :confused:

#17     Jun 21, 2006
  8. Last I heard Theo Fluery was playing pro in Ireland.

Tocchet is suing the police for leaking info about his case to the media, though it appears he is in pretty deep doo doo.

#18     Jun 21, 2006
  9. Guess which Canadian Province or US State has the most PRO hockey teams?

Texas

I heard this a few years ago and don't know if it's still true, but apparently Texas has a lot of pro hockey teams.

#19     Jun 21, 2006
  10. I can't speak for Carolina or any other state for that matter. I do know that the tickets sell out for the Kings and the Ducks everytime. Whether people show up or not could be a different story.

#20     Jun 21, 2006