I got SERIOUSLY robbed by Oanda

Discussion in 'Forex' started by PaulRon, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Looks to me like a lot of slippage in a fast changing environment.

#11     Nov 20, 2008
  2. They've become quite shitty lately, no doubt.

#12     Nov 20, 2008
  3. No way it was slippage. It was a failure of their systems. Quotes stopped updating , stop orders did not trigger .
    I placed a small mkt order on stale quotes to see what would happen and received an execution at mkt price more than 100 pips higher.

#13     Nov 20, 2008
  4. If you look on their technical support forums, you'll notice a whole bunch of complaints about the quotes not updating the last few days.

#14     Nov 20, 2008
  5. so which brokerage do you recommend?

#15     Nov 20, 2008
  6. bidie

bidie

IBFX gets the best awards I believe-

#16     Nov 20, 2008
  7. My quotes went stale as well. However, I traded this move the whole way up using Mkt orders without any problems.

It helps to have more than one data stream.

#17     Nov 20, 2008
  8. If your order is on their server why does it not execute? At mb i put on my orders, close the application and do something else and have never had 1 issue no matter how fast the market is on execution. I also never had unreasonable slippage. This is the reason why i endure mb's high swap rates because Oanda has really been getting bad reviews in the last year.

The only real issue i had with mb was when i was when they had no liquidity on usd/sek and i had to call in to get a price.

Oanda's platform seems to be a major issue costing traders money, maybe back in 2002 it was okay for brokers platforms to screw up but not in 2008, customers need to come together and send Oanda a petition to sort it out or you will all leave. They were very good in the past from what other traders say.

#18     Nov 20, 2008
  9. PaulRon

PaulRon

you're joking right? my limit order wasn't filled for 20 minutes!! I can understand if it's a massive candle on the 1 min chart but not a 20 minute delay and executed AFTER a higher limit order as shown

#19     Nov 20, 2008
  10. Lol, after reading some of the recent posts on the oanda message board, it seems as though it is the wild wild west out there! Have they really sunk below FXCM?

#20     Nov 20, 2008