i got an excelent strategy and papers to proe it but cant seem to find a prop or back

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Anatoly.Spivak, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Can you provide some more info as to why 40k isn't sufficient to trade this strategy on your own, even if it's with small size? It sounds like your opportunity cost is close to zero (i.e., you're not walking away from a paycheck at the moment, right?).

#31     Aug 30, 2006
  2. So, I assume you've taken all the valid suggestions, like talking to Don Bright, and he rejected you? Have you looked through the list of prop firms that was posted here:
    http://www.traderdaily.com/news/item/1085.html

Or are you asking us to do your legwork for you?

#32     Aug 30, 2006
  3. Dude, you're scorched Earth in this thread. Show them what? That you lost $370k? riskarb-out.

#33     Aug 30, 2006
  4. toc

toc

This is some sort of complex ruski scheme to fool folks on ET.

#34     Aug 30, 2006
  5. no i ahve lists of companies, i called and emailed with them, a friend of mine suggested that i try talking to people on this site, but it just looks like the people here just want to slam people without knowing anything about them, i guess i was wrong about trying to get help here, thank you for that list however, this is my first time on ET, so i just havnt came accross this list yet. And yes i havnt had a losing month yet on my own, i have only traded 6months on my own but i havnt had a losing month yet, and i did net 370k, but i paid 50% to my backer and taxes and comisions, and at the end of the day i am in a shitty situation because i do have something that works and it works well, but i am scared to put all my savings on the line, and thought that if i went the prop or backer route its less risk on me. thank you to everyone who is helping and to the people who just want to make fun of someone in a struggle i really hope it make you feel good to be a jerk.

#35     Aug 30, 2006
  6. S2007S

S2007S

These stories get better and better. I read some of these posts and just laugh. This story is completely fabricated. Why do people make up such nonsense. Seems these stories get more replies than anything else on these forums. Pathetic

#36     Aug 30, 2006
  7. S2007S

S2007S

"i do have something that works and it works well, but i am scared to put all my savings on the line,"

why would you be scared if its a gurantee that it "works well".

come on,

#37     Aug 30, 2006
  8. I ran this thread by 'Nigerian Scam Jolly Joe' and he is embarrassed that he never thought of it...

The Nigerian Prop Trading Scam...

:D

crike... learn to earn your own living...

#38     Aug 30, 2006
  9. zdreg

zdreg

nothing you wrote bothers me except that you wrote just after waking up and that you are worried about losing the 40k.

on this board there are far too many people who worry about losing 5k or less.
    based upon your "track record" why are you concerned about losing 40k. If you truly (?)are worried just leverage your investments in a retail account or learn how to judge a prop shop.

because of your actions maybe putting your GF though graduate school is the best investment you can make.

#39     Aug 30, 2006
  10. Anatoly, you have my sincere benefit of doubt. I want to believe you have $40k to work with. Go ahead and trade one-lot contract size of your preferred symbol = market akin to the logic which made all of that money.

Show an audited, legit account statement past 12/31/2006 and I'll work with you. Simple as that... just risk whatever paltry sum on a single-lot trade position for the next four months. We are headed into a traditional gravy period to trade. The audited results you book from now thru then will attract any amount of money deserved.

Simple as that... see you in January!

#40     Aug 30, 2006