i got an excelent strategy and papers to proe it but cant seem to find a prop or back

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Anatoly.Spivak, Aug 30, 2006.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

The fact that you lost the whole account within 2 months is extremely worrisome. You need to read "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Taleb where he warns about back swans (unexpected events), in your case bond rally.

You would have a difficulty raising capital if you mention this to potential investors. These one in billion years (mathematically) events happen every few years, and you need to be prepared for them.

Did that prop firm kept all 370K? Also, if terms are favorable, and you can always negotiate, why would you not want to sign 3 year agreement to get your personal finance in order during this time and built a track record? 3 years are not that long, and you are only 24?

Regards,
    redduke

#11     Aug 30, 2006
  2. If you send me $10,000 cash I will send you a check for $1,000,000.....deal?

#12     Aug 30, 2006
  3. Bro, you sound nuts. You made $370k but have $40k in the bank and $100k in CC debts? Most disturbing is the fact that you talk about what you earned, but not what you lost. You don't see the disconnect in the math?

#13     Aug 30, 2006
  4. With all deserved respect to anatoly, I get about one request per month as a long, drawn-out detailed email stating how said person has uncovered some market secret that allows for untold wealth. Lead-pipe lock, no losses, guaranteed prediction of any future market action.

The opening of each letter is flattering and compelling. The body of each work is filled with large numbers and some sort of hardship - conflict that results in a need for operating capital. The closing always offers some type of profit split, i.e. 50% or greater in my favor.

In every case the request for cash is $100k, $150k or something like that. And to think... some traders balk at the idea of $5k or less for trading info. These guys ask for six-large right up front.

I'd elaborate further, but have to go. Just got an email that offers a $20mil wire transfer to shelter from seizue & forfeit by a rogue government regime. Screw this trading for a living... once I bail out this desperate Nigerian aristocrat in the email offer, I'm retired for life. $20mil with no strings attached? My ship has finally come in!

#14     Aug 30, 2006
  5. ozzy

ozzy

Fuck Anatoly that dirty russian comi. This is ozzy talking give me all your money and I will quadruple it.

#15     Aug 30, 2006
  6. I will give you all my money...which name do you want on the money order?

#16     Aug 30, 2006
  7. ozzy

ozzy

All kidding aside. 40K should be enough to make a living and then some ''ýf you know what your doing'' as you claim you do.

Also looking back there is no way I would pay for any girls tuition especially at that age when they are in their slutty prime.

#17     Aug 30, 2006
  8. Sorry but how the hell is even possible to run up 100K in credit card debt. You don't seem to have the common sense needed to attract the attention of any serious backer or prop firm. Good Luck.

#18     Aug 30, 2006
  9. Hey, Spivcok, why dont you post a few trades then you might get some doe. A guy called Blackguard managed to get $5 of nearly every member here and he's even on medication as well.

#19     Aug 30, 2006
  10. Is this another Nigerian scam?

#20     Aug 30, 2006