I Gave Up Too

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Britheron, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Gained the confidence from the thread below..

I come from low class, my dad was laid off and I came to the states and firmly believed there is still "class mobility" and the ideals of American Dream available for us.

I have been trading for 2 yrs now... I wanted to trade so much that I worked every job here and there(JCP, Barnes/n, boba shop), and was able to garner $3100 in 5 months.

Started trading heavily since the start of 2009. Witnessed the flash crash, euro, greece, pomo etc. etc. good times.. I guess I wasn't smart enough to realize the potential rally since september. Lost a substantial amount shorting that sucker...

My Top was $27,000 and gave back all. Seems like a small amount for all of you, but it's a substantial amount for college students.

Now sitting in my dorm, and it's ominously silent. I don't have to watch asian, european market and futures market since today was last trading day.

*If you want to mock my intelligence saying "Oh, the top must be in" go ahead, I'm fine with it. I thought I was gonna come up with a hedge fund, but here I am.

I wish eternal happiness and prosperity for everybody on this forum, I really mean it. And as always, have a safe trading.

2. Your post doesn't seem to relate to market behavior, only yourself in context to the market.

Perhaps you could spend 6 months willing to learn from the market, leaving your opinions at the door?

3. ammo

ammo

you did well, 3 x 9 is 27,your first time of making money,you can become right all the time,too bad you didn't arrest that guy and stop him from trading,you will have to recoup and try again,pretty common event,don't beat yourself up, that's the woe is me that follows,shake it off,save up and do it a little smarter next time

4. pspr

pspr

Figure out what you were doing right and what you were doing wrong and keep it in a journal. Build up your capital and try again. Don't give up until you can't make it work consistently after going bust 3 times.

5. 3100. lol. what ever gave you the idea that 3100 was enough to learn the game and make a living? 10 times that would be questionable.

6. afto

afto

Thank you.
    It probably sounds corny but "failure" is just a window to success and someone who has taken a fall yet has the grace to rejoice in the prosperity of others is already there.
    A favorite quote of mine (Winston Churchill I believe);
    Success is the ability to move from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.

I wish eternal happiness and prosperity for everybody on this forum, I really mean it. And as always, have a safe trading.

7. Roark

Roark

I like it. Sometimes, though, success is a good plan B or C or D or maybe E or...

8. “Of course there is no formula for success except, perhaps, an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.”
    Arthur Rubinstein

“You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.”
    Beverly Sills

“Behind every successful man there's a lot of unsuccessful years.”
    Bob Brown

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; un-rewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
    Calvin Coolidge

“It is not a disgrace to fail. Failing is one of the greatest arts in the world.”
    Charles F. Kettering

“Success is that old ABC - ability, breaks, and courage.”
    Charles Luckman

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.”
    Confucius

“Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.”
    George E. Woodberry

“No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.”
    Harold MacMillan

“Defeat never comes to any man until he admits it.”
    Josephus Daniels

“Nothing fails like success because we don't learn from it. We learn only from failure.”
    Kenneth Boulding

“Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs.”
    Malcolm Stevenson Forbes

“There is much to be said for failure. It is much more interesting than success.”
    Max Beerbohm

“The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.”
    Napoleon Hill

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
    Robert Francis Kennedy

“Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.”
    William Feather

“The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything - and it works.”
    William Strong

“Eighty percent of success is showing up.”
    Woody Allen

“Enthusiasm is more important than any other commodity. It will find solutions when none are apparent, and it will achieve success where none is thought possible.”

“He's never been very successful. When opportunity knocks, he complains about the noise.”

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure till he gives up.”

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

He wasn't trying to make a living. He said he's a college student.

Simply, he'll probably or already have just easily wrote it off as if it was a class he needed to drop to protect his GPA (seriously). Thus, he probably has more important things going on in his life than trying to trade while at college.

Mark