I gave up the "grail" yet he failed.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TrueRange, Oct 14, 2010.

1. What a great thread. It goes to show, the grail itself is very simple. But the mentality required to recognize it is the difference between those who are the market and those who are punished by it.

:D

#51     Mar 17, 2012
  2. (my contribution to this thread is a little late in coming)

You are now trapped.

I think that what is a grail for one person may not be a grail for another.

I find that I must really believe in a system to take the time to manually trade it. But if it were good enough I am convinced I would automate it, that is just me...but back to my thought....If I am going to spend hours glued to a screen then I MUST believe in what I am doing.

Many people enter the trading world just to find out through self-discovery that they are gamblers...that trading is boring if not gambling.

So your family member needs to go through some self-discovery and decide if he wants to trade for himself...the best service you could do for him is to drop the project and refuse to help him. Show him this post.

ES

#52     Mar 17, 2012
  3. %%%%%

Vk60;
    Put it simple, its about probabilities, not predictions.

Highest probabilities is that it did not require buying a system:cool: This is not a a prediction.

Agree with Dr.Elder, the market changes too much to figure out/predict.

But i recently did some research where;
    a] most of the trends are down past 200/ +days.
    b]most of the trends are down past 50+/ days.
    c]some smaller trends are up, but strangely, these simply increase the cost of doing business.And so they are[mostly, but not all]reinforcing the downTrend/bearTrend...............................................

So its not a prediction, but speaking of tek analysis;
    any wonder why buyers are few & far between?????,:D

#53     Mar 28, 2012

4. I agree. Excellent post, ES.

#54     Mar 29, 2012
  5. Aside from the mental aspect, and discipline, and money management and position management and all those important aspects people discuss all the time, I find the holy grail to be quite simply....

Using support and resistance, just when you think a strong trend is about to change, bet that it won't.

There's a lot depth in that statement and imo is the key to it all.

#55     Mar 29, 2012