I found Madoffs money

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Yes and the only reason he turned himself in was because of the $7 Billion in redemptions he had come in at about the same time.

#21     Dec 17, 2008
  2. I bet the IRS won't be paying her back a fantasy rebate check.

#22     Dec 18, 2008
  3. talking about UBS and Madoff

UBS is closing two funds of funds in Spain... they STRESSED it was unconnected to Madoff scandal.. but we know it was. 288M under management.

#23     Dec 19, 2008
  4. bfft No one cares about madoff. The story was DOA. Market surging.

#24     Dec 19, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

perhaps a neutral lawyer can answer the question? the answer is not clear cut.

#25     Dec 19, 2008
  6. its a jewish thing...

..) he was given the "first place at the table", where ever he went

..) he was able to swindle the best swindlers

..) he had a lot of imitators trying their best to do just like he did, just ask those hit by Onsite, and the Malin brothers and others too

..) he was able to swindle the ritzy, prejudice, secretive sect within the Palm Beach bunch (with all their unwritten rules of conduct)

..) he's not the only one neither

..) this notion that his sons turned him is, is just the latest spin on the same fraud....

#26     Dec 19, 2008
  7. ipatent

ipatent

It is not my area of the law, but my understanding is that if they were innocent and had no reasonable basis to suspect fraud they get to keep the money.

Now the "I knew Bernie Madoff was cheating, I just thought it was front running" angle could make it interesting.

#27     Dec 19, 2008
  8. i dont believe he actually 'lost' 50 billion, i dont believe him either

he lost a lot, but not that much

till the day he dies, youll never be able to believe a word he says

i never buy the 'ok, now that i've confessed i'm a liar, you can trust me from now on' game

i think he has billions stashed all over the place, under false identities, just ready and waiting for him to show up and be that fake person, just like in 'Shawshank Redemption'. a highly complex, multi layered maze of a plan, where nobody outside of himself knows too many of the pieces - and even he never has all of the plan on him at once

i think one day very soon, he'll walk into a kosher deli, drop down a rabbit hole and never be seen from again. bet he's got more than one rabbit hole ready to go - there might be an ocasional signting or suspected sighting of him in the future, only to see him dissapear down another rabbit hole. maybe eventually slipping up and ending up captured on America's Most Wanted. But then again, maybe not

just look at that smirk on his face, does anyone believe he wouldnt enjoy the game?

#28     Dec 19, 2008
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Hey at least all the ELITE anti-semites have all worn their colors on their sleeve this week!

#29     Dec 19, 2008
  10. on a serious note what is the rule for taxes on fantasy profits like this scam?

#30     Dec 19, 2008