I find this interesting...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by CMag, Aug 15, 2021.

1. CMag

CMag

IDontKnowWhatToCallThis.jpg
    R=high-low
    X=(open-low)/R
    Y=(close-low)/R
    scatter plot (x,y)
    data from the 1 minute charts of EURUSD EURJPY AUDUSD AUDJPY EURAUD USDJPY
    611,446 data points
    Higher time frame charts result in the same structure, but lack of data makes it not as clear as the smaller Tfs.

The interesting part to me is why and how the OHLC expressed in this way falls on these lines so precisely every time. I don't understand the math behind it and it is fascinating...
    Another fun thing is you can divide 1 by any number (A) under 100 then multiply A by any number less than A and find multiple bars with the open or close at that exact percent of the range accurate up to 6 decimal places.

(1/35)*17=0.485714 you can find multiple bars with their open or the close at this exact percent of the total range... cool yeah?

Maybe some real math guys can understand this better and explain how and why it happens?

I've found no predictive value or tradable edge in this so far, but still I find myself staring at this picture often... maybe I'm just odd. To me though, it is evidence that the market is not random but so complicated in it's structure it just appears random to plebs like me.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    hilmy83 likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

3. hilmy83

hilmy83

So upper left would be very bullish days , and lower right would be very bearish days

anything on the 45 degree path are "doji" days

If you imagine having a pin, and you have to hit these dots in random fashion within a small fixed area as a representation that you "guessed" the market right for that day. Your strategy represents the fixed area where the pin moves, and random repetitive hits is just an attempt at guessing (trading day).

Which areas would you stay in to get the most hits?

4. danielc1

danielc1

I have another one: if you use Gann Square of nine calculation on major pivots, you get the lines where major turn happens and if the turn doesn't happen at such line, it happens on a Fibonnaci number between those major lines. Every time, every instrument.

5. NazSherpa

NazSherpa

Pretty cool. Looks like Kepler's fractals or the Serpinski's Triangles. Maybe it's because consciousness itself is fractal? kepler.gif Edgar Peter's had some cool stuff like this in his Fractal Market Anaysis book, If I recall correctly.