I finally got my letter..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dr. Zhivodka, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

USA TODAY

Front page:
    "Medicaid feels pinch of economy"
    States SLASH services as enrollments enlarge."

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/02/19/study-medicare-advantage-price-spike/?test=latestnews

"A study released today says if you use Medicare Advantage to help pay for your prescription drugs, you're getting a hefty hike in your premiums this year...This predicted jump follows a cut in government payments to the private companies last year and could make things even tougher for Democrats' efforts to pass health care reform. Some bills now circulating in Congress would cut those payments again which could affect premiums next year."

So the state and federal governments are cutting benefits AND increasing premiums directly or indirectly.

Where is the outrage?

#41     Feb 19, 2010
  2. Good post. The majority of the populace fail to understand that subsidies completely distort the behavior of consumers for any product whether it be medical care, college tuition or welfare.

But what ticks me off the most is when the credit markets were collapsing and the politico's continued to argue in favor of these unpopular bailouts in order to support the student loan market. There we were on the precipice of finding out what the actual cost of a college education was worth and they stepped in to continue the status quo.

#42     Feb 19, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I agree, but will point out that competing nations are heavily subsidizing their education to good effect, at least for now. We can toe the free market line a bit better, but will it really help us, comparatively?

#43     Feb 19, 2010
  4. jem

jem

Good points - real estate is a prime example of over priced goods which are subsidized.

Subtract out the mortgage tax deduction - boom 20-30% will come off the top.

If you increased down payments to 20% - instead of the current 0% down - or you allow interest rates rise to the non subsidized market rate - boom another leg down.

So many sectors of the economy are not artificially propped up it is now very hard to decide how to invest or short.

It is all about guessing what the Fed or Congress will do and how long they will do it for?

#44     Feb 21, 2010
  5. Which mortgage brokerage companies and/or banks are accepting 0% down right now?

Time to put down the Dave Del Dotto and Ed Beckley nonsense...

#45     Feb 21, 2010
  6. It's been years since I heard of Ed Beckley. I bought his course about 23 years ago. I returned it after reading some of the illegal methods he reccomended and to my suprise my credit card was credited the payment.

#46     Feb 22, 2010
  7. Cassie

Cassie

You all should be glad you have any type of health care coverage. It's awesome being treated like a second class citizen in America when you don't have a job that offers or you can't afford coverage.:mad:

#47     Feb 22, 2010
  8. jem

jem

You are such a child. I told you the joke was funny once. and now you are over using it.

Lets say your current cave owner is terminating your lease and you need to buy a new cave.

Get an FHA loan for that cave and you are looking at 96.5 % loan. Then get a first time home buyers credit and you got zero down. Or ask for the seller to give you a 3.5% cash rebate at close. Which is probably happening on 25% percent of the under 500 market right now.. (or more). See that is why this market stablization is so suspect. zero down - and new FHA loans are seeing an even higher default rate.

#48     Feb 23, 2010
  9. Pure bullshit Ed Beckley Jr.

No such thing as no money down, a complete lie...

No wonder you are defending your fraudulent statement...

Hope you end up like Ed Beckley and the other liars and cheaters:

http://www.johntreed.com/bestseller.html

Your kind is scum.

#49     Feb 23, 2010
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

crickets chirping

#50     Feb 23, 2010