I finally got my letter..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dr. Zhivodka, Feb 17, 2010.

1. you dont have health insurance. you have an employee benefit. if you get an illness that causes you to not be able to work and to lose your job you have no coverage.

#31     Feb 19, 2010
  2. I have said the same thing, the democrats are too afraid of the teachers unions to question the absurd tuition inflation at our schools.

#32     Feb 19, 2010
  3. I bought the supplemental insurance that covers 90% of my salary in the event something like happened.

Costs 15 bucks a month or something.

#33     Feb 19, 2010
  4. then, thanks to government regulations, you might be able to afford cobra for a few extra months but you still will not be able to buy private insurance. private insurance will not insure sick people.

http://baselinescenario.com/2009/08/05/you-do-not-have-health-insurance/

#34     Feb 19, 2010
  5. John what company did you get that coverage from? I just got a quote from State Farm and it was expensive for not much coverage.
    Thanks

#35     Feb 19, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

We backed off because the republicans said tuition inflation was a natural outcome of the operation of the free market.

#36     Feb 19, 2010
  7. I'm disappointed - I thought it was going to be a reservist call-up, maybe some kind of underground political group, but no, you're whining about your insurance premiums. Cmon, you're just asking for a "world's smallest violin" moment here.

#37     Feb 19, 2010
  8. Arnie

Arnie

That's a free market?

If you want more of something, just ask the govt to subsidize it. Higher tuition is the direct result of the subsidies provided by student loans. It's the same disconnect that is responsible for much of the rise in health care. Joe Blow doesn't care what a MRI or an MBA costs when he doesn't have to pay for it. It's just a monthly payment (college) or a $20 co-pay (health care).

I remember a story I read years ago about Ludwig Von Mises (?). He looked at the US welfare system and predicted that the fastest growing segment would be unwed teenage mothers. Why? Because they received the most in welfare.

#38     Feb 19, 2010
  9. I agree.

#39     Feb 19, 2010
  10. Its so cheap because you will play hell collecting.

#40     Feb 19, 2010