I finally got my letter..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dr. Zhivodka, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Why would you give a shit about other Americans getting fucked over by the corporations?

Go figure...

You really don't get it, do you?

#11     Feb 17, 2010
  2. cstfx

cstfx

It ain't gonna be (tax)free for much longer - only a matter of time before all these employer-provided benefits become taxed as income to pay for someone else's insurance, Cadillac plan or not.

#12     Feb 17, 2010
  3. The republican lie, health insurance cos are synonymous with health care.

#13     Feb 17, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I agree. I prefer that a one-in-a-hundred-thousand family whose kid needs a heart valve replacement (true story behind this, marginally) should go a quarter million in the hole, to a modest tax increase that could discourage me from upgrading my LCD TV to a 60" model. After all, I earned it and I want my 60" LCD TV, now. NOW, DAMMIT!

#14     Feb 17, 2010
  5. You're not supposed to inject common sense and compassion into this discussion.

#15     Feb 17, 2010
  6. Q: Why are the insurance companies like Anthem exempt from anti trust legislation?

A: Because the politicians are bought and paid for by the insurance companies and health care for profit industry.

http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200909/091709a.html

#16     Feb 17, 2010
  7. jem

jem

you are complete shit head. I made a joke about not blaming the current corp of politicians - who could not get health care passed and then let the insurance companies walk all over them.

By the way My wife works about as often as you are sane. -- about once a month or less to keep her license.

The insurance is paid by my business which I own so it comes right out of my pocket.

I have big deductibles and large premiums since I have 4 kids. The insurance bastards also exclude maternity so I just paid a boatload for the birth of my new daughter. Cant you see I have mellowed.

(By the way I am now fully in favor of the ERA ... not. )

by the way my insurance went down last month about 3 hundred from 900 because I rejoined Kaiser as part of big association.

Why the hell the dems could not do that for others is beyond me.

#17     Feb 18, 2010
  8. 0bama

0bama

I promise to deliver healthcare reform this year!!!

#18     Feb 18, 2010
  9. If you believe the tax increase would have been "modest" you are out of your mind.

If they said, " everyone gets healthcare if those that are making over 50k a year has to pay 200 bucks into the pot"

I would be all for that but I'm not paying another 10k.

The US gov't is corrupt, incompetant, ignorant and so on. The net effect of national heallthcare is bigger fees and worse care for me and my family.

#19     Feb 18, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

I only said modest because the Albertans here were paying $43 a month, not a tax, of course. Now it's $0, for the time being, but I still call $43 a month modest.

I don't know, maybe Yankee ingenuity is extinct.

#20     Feb 18, 2010