I figured out way people listen to gang rap.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackchip, Oct 1, 2007.

1. BTW, you may want to look up Tupac and learn a little about the man. Besides the fact that his readings of literature surpass everyone on this forum combined, he studied and excelled at jazz, music, ballet, & theatre at Baltimore School for the Arts (which is by the way is a distinguished institution). He was also a renowed for his poetic ability and critically aclaimed on his acting ability. So your assumption that rap is a genre that requires zero musical knowledge, ability and talent just falls flat. It's true for the most part, especially now, but name one other genre in the last 20 years that does not fall to the same fate. Come on, heavy metal & rock is filled with talentless crap that still gets adored by afficiadoes. Just because you can play an instrument, does not make you an artist. Plenty of retarded metal heads to prove that theory.

The real stars of the beginning of the rap genre were exceptional for a reason. In fact, there has yet to be any musician/artist in any genre that could even touch someone like Tupac and his work. Since your bias is high, as well as many other rap haters on here, just go look up the lyrics to a few of his deep & thought provoking sons: "Brenda's Got a Baby", "Keep Ya Head Up", "Dear Mama", "Changes".

#71     Oct 13, 2007
  2. CK IT OUT>>> CK IT OUT !!!

50cent & lil Kim :cool:

wanna lick?

hey T-bird, grrrrind on this :cool:

#72     Oct 29, 2007
  3. LT701

LT701

actually, there IS a range of music in between Air Supply and gangsta rap

#73     Oct 29, 2007
  4. Man, you need to know what part is math, what part is rap. They're separate:

32 / 2 = 16

16 * 3 = 48 (ignore "double" it's rap talk)

48 - 16 = 32 ("profit")

16 + 32 / 4 = 24 ("Divide the profit by four")

24 - 8 = 16 ("back to sixteen.")

The math is correct!

#74     Oct 30, 2007
  5. 16 plus 32 (hmmm). That's 48. Now 48 divided by 4.....Houston there might be a problem here. This must be that special math setup where you don't say it's wrong, you give special points for effort. I'm open to the explanation because I could be reading this wrong. Please take just a moment to help me with this one. Thanks in advance!!! :)

#75     Oct 31, 2007
  6. The rap is loose on language. It says "divide the profit by four." The profit, is the difference between 48 and 16, which is 32.

You can imagine the following story. Suppose you're selling **** (use your imagination). You're told that you buy at 16 and can sell for 3 times that. So you expect a profit of 32. But in reality you sold for a much smaller profit, 1/4 of 32 (how much did you sell it for? :)) After the trade you pay a fee of 8, what do you have left? The original 16 of course.

Got it? :)

#76     Oct 31, 2007
  7. So the plus 16 should not have been there then, right? Because while you say one thing, while the text says something else. So 32 / 4 = 8. Ok. I'm sort of literal and I'm used to actually following written instruction fairly well.

You see I disagree with your statement, "Ignore the double!" I think you cleaned it up to make it right for the artist. IMHO! :)

#77     Oct 31, 2007
  8. There's something they call "artistic license." :D

#78     Oct 31, 2007
  9. Sounds like it's the new creative math kids are being taught in screwl. They will need to learn that for a creative accounting career. Cook the Books Brooke.

Ignore the double?

Suppose rapper Double Zero says he's got a new double CD. Does that mean you don't get 2 CDs? Is that false advertising? Can they get away with that? Bait and switch? Is that why so many drug deals go bad?

And what about Double Zero's name? Is he only just a single zero?

Rap sure is a mysterious and complex culture. When will I ever fit in?!

#79     Oct 31, 2007