I figured out way people listen to gang rap.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackchip, Oct 1, 2007.

1. That sums it up quite nicely. Perhaps it is the absence of these abilities that generates all the rage. Wannabes can be like that. On the plus side, their fans can't tell the difference, so the money keeps rolling in. Rappers are the poster children for (justifiable) imposter syndrome.

#31     Oct 2, 2007
  2. Another uplifting tune. The future of America.

Cops Bein' Mean
    by The C. C. Crew

prove you ain't a cop
    snort some chop

cop got mace
    spray me in the face

i slam the door
    trust ya no more

gang bust a door
    i hit the floor

say my stuff ain't realin'
    gonna pay for my dealin'

say ya money or ya wife
    just don't take my life

gotta get real
    i try another deal

dare ya be a man
    so ya shoot me in the can

i almost dead
    gotta bullet in my head

deals gone bad
    dreams i coulda had

gonna be a star
    in my drive-by car

cops in my way
    i gotta bad day

turn my car around
    smile to a frown
    gotta gun the gang down

i do a 360
    i do a double U
    i'm comin' after you

i do a 720
    gonna get ya money

ya got that right
    lookin' for a fight

cop gotta tasr
    i gotta phaser

here come a cop
    we ain't gonna talk
    just go a pop pop

cops hate me on crack
    they shoot me in the back

cops bein' mean
    i'm just sixteen

deals gone bad
    dreams i coulda had

i coulda been a cop
    the top bad cop

#32     Oct 2, 2007
  3. You're ignorant beyond belief. The irony is that you're probably into heavy metal, punk rock & grunge. Some real genius & pacifists there.

#33     Oct 2, 2007
  4. Oh, I believe that there is a disproportionate amount of ignorance between the two of us. We just seem to disagree about the source. Look inward, old boy.

As I wrote on page 2 of this thread, rap is not about black culture. It is about thug culture (and the imposters who cash in on it). Further, to say that rap music is about black culture is derogatory and racist. If I were black I would be offended by that remark. Really.

No, I am not a big fan of heavy metal, punk or grunge. As I recall, Blondie was punk, right? I liked her. Given the choice, I prefer classic rock, jazz and classical. I like music that's actually...you know...music. Thank you for your interest.

#34     Oct 2, 2007
  5. Yeah, the guy's a real poet.

#35     Oct 2, 2007
  6. Gee that's funny, cause the rap I prefer incorporates heavy jazz & James Brown, you know, like Gangstarr and Eric B. & Rakim. Try listening checking out their lyrics sometime, it's a vast range, not just "thug culture".

Regardless, you show your HUGE ignorance when you can't reply to my comment about MC Hammer, who is credited with bringing rap into the mainstream. Oh yeah, he was REAL thuggish. And ZERO musical background, lol.

The most comical part about your weak argument is that you base it on today's mainstream crap.

#36     Oct 2, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Listen to whatever but ruin your own hearing with it. I had a neighbor that worked in his garage and played that horrible bad ass music so loud a guy 5 doors down could not work at his computer... how many watts do they have going in those things?? I asked him to turn it down once and he ignored me. I wrote to the county and told them these guys are so mobbed up they think they can do anything they want.. [they had the prison tattoos around the neck, I actually liked some of them but that shit the one guy called music......] the whole thing went quiet in a day, been quiet for a year too... hee hee, badasses, bunch of women come out from the county and they shut down the operation....

People listen to rap and deal a little dope and think they are king kong too... I had to make an offer to a guy that he could not refuse once, he was harassing members of my household.. he put his diapers on and eventually had to hurt a couple of his gangsta friends.. badasses... gotta luv 'em..

I really need to ramp the trading and get out of this neighborhood, people in upper middle class situations don't have a clue what I'm talking about that much... new world order guys are on a rampage destroying the culture, krappy music is just part of it...

#37     Oct 2, 2007
  8. Yes, but you see, it's all shit to me. So, unless you're an aficionado, one dropping sounds pretty much like another, whether it's crap or crap with a twist. Attempting to validate it by associating it with real music is both an insult to real music and probably a loss of "street creds" for rap among the diehards who listen to it.

Trying to justify the genre by referring to specific artistes is missing the point. It is the genre itself that is full of shit. And now, by all means, please go fill your ears and head with it.

#38     Oct 2, 2007
  9. Do yourself a favor and at least try to educate where the genre came from as well as its founders. Groups like NWA, Public Enemy, Gangstarr, Eric B. & Rakim, not just some specific artists but the founders. NWA & Public Enemy are very thuggish but there were political & social messages in their lyrics, purposely made harsh & angry to express the feelings of their social groups. What about Tupac, who was known for his poetic ability and has showed that in many of the serious songs he wrote.
    You don't see any of that today, maybe Mos Def, but he has moved on to movies.

MC Hammer is not just some specific artist, he is creditted with bringing rap into mainstream and making it pop music. I mean, your argument is so silly considering that Hammer's rap style was very wholesome & clean cut, something he was heavily critisized for by the other rappers.

The crap you hear now is MAINSTREAM CORPORATE GARBAGE. So while you blame the genre, you should actually realize that it's not what it was. I agree with you that the "rap" which is made today is the same old crap, it has the same effect on my ears as it has on yours. I think it's like the same three no substance songs recycled, packaged and sold to the wanna-bees. Actually, I do not know one genre nowdays which hasn't fallen to the same fate.

When the genre was coming up, as only ONE of the FIVE parts of the hip hop culture, it had a lot of influence from JAZZ, BLUES & SOUL music.

#39     Oct 2, 2007
  10. Okay, I get it. You obviously understand rap much better than I do. I guess that I just don't care enough about it in a positive way to try and distinguish the good from the bad. There are too many better choices out there. To each his own, eh? Just so you know, the gym I left had started playing satellite radio rap. It was filled with swearing and violence. So many better choices.

#40     Oct 2, 2007