I figured out way people listen to gang rap.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackchip, Oct 1, 2007.

1. T-dog, that's funny shit, my friend.

Funny shit.

#21     Oct 1, 2007
  2. pattersb

pattersb Guest

alright you got me ... ganster rap talk is my achilles heel. mainly because paying for its aftermath angers me.

i grew up on pink flyod,etc... which i regularly put in a pipe and smoked.

#22     Oct 1, 2007
  3. Or watch each blade commit suicide.

You should write cRap lyric$, Thunderdog. Hilarious.

Gather around children and let us decipher the deep hidden meaning of the following poetry.

12."If you don't bring back my m****f*****n money or my m***f****n dope, you can forget about Christmas n***a, cause you ain't gon even see New Years." - Master P ("Do You Know") Let me get this right, New Year comes before Christmas? I see.

5."Thirty-two grams raw, chop it in half, get sixteen, double it times three. We got forty-eight, which mean a whole lot of cream Divide the profit by four, subtract it by eight We back to sixteen..."
    -Foxy Brown ("Affirmative Action") This holds the world record for the worst mathematics on a song.
    http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/a/WorstRapLyrics.htm

#23     Oct 1, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

I'm thinkin in terms of wanted dead or alive posters on the internet for gangsta's and other people are glorifying crime...

#24     Oct 1, 2007
  5. whitebread trash.. keep posting your useless opinions. :p

#25     Oct 1, 2007
  6. Wow, now that's a prejudiced statement. In other words, you are ignorant and have no idea what you speak of.

Some of the top old school artists were not about thug culture (a.k.a. ganster rap) and had thoughtful & interesing lyrics. Even NWA & Public Enemy had political & social messages, as harsh as they were.
    Also, consider MC Hammer who brought rap into the mainstream. Man, that guy could not pass for thug culture even when his paycheck depended on it. (he tried)

The c(rap) you are generalizing everything under is the BS pumped out by the corporate music machine. That's not thug culture, it's money culture really talking to you.
    I think real music stopped being made post 2000.

#26     Oct 1, 2007
  7. Anybody catch that bag of wind Michael Eric Dyson on Maher's last show? He defended rap to the point that he called Alexander Hamilton "a pimp" who was defending what was his.

The length to which supposedly intellectual blacks will go to defend rap, at least when whitey criticizes it, is ridiculous.

#27     Oct 2, 2007
  8. "The length to which supposedly intellectual blacks will go to defend rap, at least when whitey criticizes it, is ridiculous."

That is exactly my point with the comment I read defending rap "they connect the word with the drum". Hard to argue a more dumbed down, base line defense ya gotta give 'em credit for somthin in the warm and fuzzy feel good society lest you permanently injure Jawanabe's self esteem. You do not have to read music, play an instrument, or be able to sing.

"Connect the word with the drum" sheesh, as Chris Rock would say, "What do you want, a cookie?"

#28     Oct 2, 2007
  9. #29     Oct 2, 2007
  10. These posts seemed to be out of order - I fixed it:D

#30     Oct 2, 2007