I feel like I need to debunk this conservative argument

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, May 19, 2009.

1. game, set, match

someone should run on the platform that all ill-gotten gains should be retroactively taxed ... i suspect this guy's last 3-8 years of income would be confiscated

#41     May 29, 2009
  2. "Two basic points emerge from our analysis of the available data. First, only a small portion of subprime mortgage originations is related to the CRA. Second, CRA-related loans appear to perform comparably to other types of subprime loans. Taken together, the available evidence seems to run counter to the contention that the CRA contributed in any substantive way to the current mortgage crisis."

http://www.minneapolisfed.org/publications_papers/pub_display.cfm?id=4136

#42     May 29, 2009
  3. For, sure I definitely was. That too is off topic.

#43     May 29, 2009
  4. haha :0

#44     May 29, 2009
  5. lol, game , set what?

Try to get on topic.

#45     May 29, 2009
  6. I'm on various political forums and have brought up the same argument. I've yet to be properly rebutted. I think its time to say that this argument is debunked.

I know a lot of you, despite the inability to address and discount my points, won't agree. I understand, as that's the nature of a lot of politics. All the facts in world won't change your mind, I suppose that's not always a bad thing though.

But I do hope you will think twice the next time you bring this argument up :)

#46     May 31, 2009
  7. Politics is a form of religion JB. The truth of the matter is that to admit that one is wrong on something so fundamental as that, would b to have to reevaluate one's worldview. They may have to reengineer on personal, familial, and maybe even communal level.

U will find one or two people in a hundred with the mental and emotional maturity to pull that off. The simple fact that most on this board are reactionary enough to vilify entire segments of the human population says a lot as to their level of thinking on any subject.

#47     May 31, 2009
  8. Good points. I'm going back and forth on a few issues right now, and you're right. Its very....inconvenient. It would be far easier to blindly pick a side.

#48     May 31, 2009
  9. Think it's inconvienient now? Wait until ur conviction prompts u to act on a familial level. If by some miracle u get past that, it will be time to convince perfect strangers.

Divorce has happened over something so simple as "being saved".

#49     Jun 1, 2009
  10. True.

I think its funny that so many people here on ET act like I am just "too stupid" to not see why my argument is false lol. When really it has more to do with their dogmatism than my stupidity.

#50     Jun 1, 2009