I eat honey every day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ocean5, Feb 23, 2012.

1. yes, with very little else but myth

#11     Feb 23, 2012
  2. nursebee

nursebee

I have never heard of yellow teeth from honey, got a source?
    I have never heard of infection from honey, got a source?

Honey should not be given to infants less than one year of age due to possibility of getting botulinism spores.

Issues with diluted honey are really well known in the industry.

Honey is more than just sugar. Table sugar is a specific formula, honey has many types of sugars that vary based upon the source.

I sell honey and cinnamon creamed honey. PM me if you have interest. Come visit to taste my meads.

#12     Feb 23, 2012
  3. Some people like honey on a pink taco...so i've heard :D

#13     Feb 23, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol.

Real honey is anti-biotic so maybe that is the source of anectodotes about tooth coloration?

I've read that honey is easier on our system than refined sugar from sugar cane or sugar beets. I like honey in tea that is for sure. :)

#14     Feb 23, 2012
  5. Tom B

Tom B

Organic blue agave nectar is a good low-glycemic alternative to honey.

Agave Nectar vs. Honey

The agave nectar is about 1.5 times sweeter than honey. Furthermore, it has a wide variety of flavors, which makes it a suitable additive for most foods. In addition, the nectar does not impact the nutritional balance of food. Agave nectar is a plant product, meaning that it is a perfect alternative for vegans and vegetarians.

In comparison to honey, agave nectar has a very low-glycemic index, and it is a safe sweetener for diabetics. Moreover, it does not spike blood-sugar levels or stimulate insulin response like honey. Rather than increasing body fats, agave nectar assists in the breaking down of body fats through the gallbladder. Unlike honey, which can cause bacterial diseases such as botulism in babies, agave nectar is safe for consumption by babies, because it does not contain any bacteria.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-artic...g/agave-nectar-vs-honey-vs-liquid-sugars.html

#15     Feb 23, 2012
  6. all BS. eat less, live longer. thats 90% of it.

#16     Feb 23, 2012
  7. Tom B

Tom B

Wrong.

#17     Feb 23, 2012
  8. its not wrong, its right.

caloric restriction is only way to live longer and healthier.

fruit flyes doubled their lives.

#18     Feb 23, 2012
  9. you know those crop circles..

i'm, sadly I Am the one responsible for those too

i was drunk and hot wired a wheat reaper:(

the rest is history

i'm not proud of it

#19     Feb 23, 2012
  10. GTFOOH, COLD! :p

#20     Feb 23, 2012