I draw a crap load of lines, will it work?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by superstephen, Dec 13, 2008.

1. ammo

ammo

you are on the right path,the lines are like magnets and the mrkt is drawn towards them,the use of yearly,monthly,daily and then 120,60,30,and 15 gives you more of a big picture and you can see where we are trending and where we are meandering,so you can scalp or hold for larger moves,i would suggest adding correlating markets to your scenario,spu,trans,dow,dollar all work together but sometimes one will have an earlier supp/res and will cause another trading vehicle to turn early or stop short of the line,or its break will cause others to follow,case in point ,trans on thur hit a major daily supp,mrkt stalled,trans didnt hold it and spu's dropped from 891-868,an extra 23 points

#31     Dec 14, 2008
  2. jtnet

jtnet

its h9 now

#32     Dec 14, 2008
  3. Just because I don't go overboard with the trend lines doesn't mean I'm three steps behind the OP.

Don't underestimate the power of simplicity.

#33     Dec 14, 2008
  4. Present company excluded, heh Joab?:cool:

#34     Dec 14, 2008
  5. so this is the "crap load of lines" system? :confused:

at least call it something fancy like the multiple convergence divergence auto supercalifragilisticexpialidocious trendline system

#35     Dec 14, 2008
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

Wow, that would be simply McDASTardly :D

#36     Dec 14, 2008
  7. watching other vehicles to get better insight on whats happening does make sense to me, but im not sure which time frames i should focus on while watching them.

i can use the 2hr, 30min, maybe the 15min (but its eerily similar to the 30min), and trade on the 5min chart for /NQ.

does this make sense.........when price actually gets close to breaking the 2hour trendline, i check the 30min to see if its close to its trendline or even past it, and if everything looks good i can enter on a close past the 5min trendline, riding the 2hr breakout move.

attached is a pic showing 4 indexes i could watch on the left for extra help, and the charts i could use for trading /NQ on the right.

open to suggestions...:p

#37     Dec 14, 2008
  8. ammo

ammo

that looks good, try replacing tf with xlf,and dow with smh,trade naz against semis

#38     Dec 14, 2008
  9. if you like lines look into integrated pitchfork analysis.

#39     Dec 14, 2008
  10. Can anyone spell "analysis paralysis?"

#40     Dec 14, 2008