I dont want to short TSLA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ggelitetrader000, Apr 11, 2019.

1. dozu888

dozu888

people evolve... guy might have started with good intentions but now it's all about the dollar grab... I am all for vision and all... just don't dip into my federal tax!

what patent? hyper loop?

#61     May 3, 2019
    Pekelo likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sure it would be no advantage for Tesla if the whole industry would follow their standards.

Where is the cheap EV for the masses? Like let's say under 30K? It is not even in their pipeline...

#62     May 3, 2019
  3. dozu888

dozu888

again the guy might started with good intentions, and perhaps he was brain washed by the global warming scam...

and once he got into the dark side perhaps it was too late to get out, even if he wanted to... you know all that fame and cash.

solar city is a complete scam to grab the federal assistance out of unknowing home owners;
    space-x is another federal dollar grab;
    e-cars are a bad idea to start with, there is really not much pollution reduction anyway as the e has to come from somewhere.

and notice I used the word pollution, not CO2.

I have made extensive posts about the CO2 scam on ET..

earth atmosphere is 10 miles thick - with majority of it in the first 3 miles;
    if all the CO2 (natural and man-made) are collected together and form a sphere around the earth, it's about 100 INCHEs thick.. it's a TRACE gas;
    if all the man-made CO2 are collected and form a sphere, it's 2 INCHes thick.

2 inches of CO2, in the mix of water vapor, the methane, the earth orbit changes, and the most important of all, solar activity changes.

but guess what, there is no money, or, it's too difficult to come up with a scam related to all these other factors.... CO2 is easy picking.. cap and trade, carbon tax.. Al Gore made $300m.. brilliant, perhaps a deal made with the devils when he was bot off not to drag the 2000 election any further.

guys wake up... nobody cares about shit... environment, clean energy, save the planet, vision quote unquote... all piles of bull crap... everything makes sense if you follow the money trail.

and yes, trading is ALL about LOGIC.. like the logic above, that explains why methane was not the focus... cause them scam artists can't make any money from preventing the cows from farting.

and check everything I posted regard my style of trading, all is about logic, to figure out what my pro boys do... because they didn't send me invitations to their secret meetings... but that's ok, from their media releases, their narratives, their price actions, and how they slaughter the dumb money, it wasn't difficult to logically figure out what the plan is.

#63     May 3, 2019
  4. etrade, yup.

#64     May 4, 2019
  5. yes but managing disposed batteries are still far more plausible than fossil fuel emission from cars and factories.

#65     May 4, 2019
  6. Ok then don't.

Thread finished.

#66     May 4, 2019
    ggelitetrader000 and Cuddles like this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

The logic for EV just escapes me:

80% of electricity in the US is coal, natural gas and oil powered, efficiency of generation is about 30-40%, EV motor conversion efficiency is about 60%, Overall 1 unit of energy converts to ~ 20% energy to motion.

Gas engine efficiency is ~25-40% (hybrid 40%), Gasoline production ~90% (file:///Users/wahlim/Downloads/energy_eff_petroleum_refineries-03-08.pdf) or ~ 20-30% conversion from energy to motion.

On top of that battery production produces a lot of toxic wastes, requires lots of energy, bad for environment, headache with disposals of old batteries ....

Net, net EV produces more green house gas and toxic wastes. My numbers are at best just guesstimates. But I doubt you will reach a different macro conclusion.

Of course I am just a dumb retail trader and don't understand complex science.

#67     May 6, 2019
    Pekelo likes this.
  8. read my post #65 pls

#68     May 6, 2019
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

Gas efficiency is in the high 40's and is above 60% with recuperation. Your EV conversion efficiency is also too low, it's near 80ish with current battery and motor tech. I'd have to read on refining, but 90% seems like a pipe dream.

#69     May 6, 2019
  10. ironchef

ironchef

OK, here are more data:

Refinery efficiency: The paper I cited said 88%.

Everything else: From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_conversion_efficiency, I use the mid point numbers from Wiki for computation.

Gas efficiency: gas motor ~.3%, refinery ~88% net: 0.3 * 0.88 = 0.264

EV efficiency: Li battery ~85%, Motor ~ 70%, power plant ~30% (Wiki said up to 40%), net: 0.85 * 0.7 * 0.3 = 0.179

Gas is 47% more energy efficient (.26/.18=1.46). If you don't use solar/wind..., EV generate more green house gas, by 47%

#70     May 6, 2019