i don't think the markets are random, i think they're like this...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 12, 2002.

1. i think GG just likes to talk. i picture this frenetic young kid that never shuts up and is always going in four different directions at once. :D

GG, will you ever shut your yap long enough to actually do something? lol

#161     Sep 13, 2002
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

GG types Faster than PussyCat. Maybe he gets $1 for every post from Baron, nice job... just kidding! :D

I remember an advice Hitman gave me year ago: "Shut up and trade!" It is a good advice. But I must add, that some basic theory is needed. It's more an art than science!

#162     Sep 13, 2002
  3. Gordon has been asking questions for a long time and now apparently is researching Chaos theory.

I am telling you Gordon, you do not want to go down *THAT* road.

#163     Sep 13, 2002
  4. LOL he's been "researching" for quite some time now.

no offense GG, you seem likeable enuf, but are you ever going to get off the pot? :)

#164     Sep 13, 2002
  5. The market is ABSOLUTELY not random.

The market moves through, and as a result of sum of the collective buy and sell orders.

Each and every buy and sell is entered with an intent, a motivation.

The intent of every single buy and sell order is not random, it is purposeful.

Just because we lack the ability to see the motivation behind each and every sell order doesn't make it random.

In fact, we call the request to buy or sell an "order" not a "random."

The market is 100% orderly. That people are unable to see the order, unable to see the pattern unfold is of no consequence and no basis for the claim of randomness.

Just because 2000 years ago people lacked the tools to see the heavenly bodies beyond the naked eye, didn't mean that they didn't exist beyond their vision.

Any talk of the market functioning in a random manner is just a display of ignorance.

We can discuss our inability to see the order or the pattern, but to say the order and pattern don't exist is illogical.

#165     Sep 13, 2002
  6. I agree ...

#166     Sep 13, 2002
  7. Human Emotions. They're not random right? But they are unpredictable to an extent.

On a some days Event #1 doesn't bother me at all.

On other days the same Event #1 bothers me and drives me nuts.

#167     Sep 13, 2002
  8. No, GG don't even try to apply chaos theory here (or anywhere) you don't have the advanced math skills to get to first base. And it's application is questionable. forget it.

start looking at charts..LOTS OF THEM. all different time frames. the patterns should immediately jump out at you (i'm not saying you will be able to exploit them right away, but it should be readily apparent that something wonderful is going on here) that's your beginning. someone else said it here and i agree --if you can't see the patterns, then maybe trading isn't for you.

now once you see the patterns, the next hurdle you have to overcome is FEAR! fear of losing your money. this will be difficult to overcome --the psychology.

NOW GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK YOUNG MAN! :D

#168     Sep 13, 2002
  9. You can be most insightful when you aren't busy being a psycho.

#169     Sep 13, 2002
  10. Gordon,

I took the time to illustrate some of the differences between a chaotic and random system as plotted on a graph. Please review this and start trading in a few weeks with me. Thanks.

#170     Sep 13, 2002