i don't think the markets are random, i think they're like this...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 12, 2002.

1. I was going to keep the Trade Tones thing a secret.... but what the hell, if we all use it maybe we can get the market rockin in the right direction.

Gordon I also play guitar and bagpipes I know ...kind of a strange extreme

#151     Sep 13, 2002
  2. it seems i'm becoming the core of all jokes.. but that's ok!!! :D

#152     Sep 13, 2002
  3. you are the embodiment of open mindedness, diplomacy, humorous appreciation, and good questions..

(and the core of all jokes... :D jk )

good luck with your answers!

#153     Sep 13, 2002
  4. Gordon,

Stop searching for the holy grail. How many times does it need to be said? The only way you're going to learn is by doing -- there are no short-cuts.

If there was a sure-fire step by step procedure to making mucho money in the markets, don't you think everyone would be all over that?

Shit or get off the pot, man!!

Come trade with me! Two weeks and counting. You got money to trade with? Let's roll!

#154     Sep 13, 2002
  5. on that note, i'm calling it a day and going to bed.

in the words of elvis presley (no idea why i'm quoting him):

thank you very much! :D

#155     Sep 13, 2002
  6. #156     Sep 13, 2002
  7. DT-waw

DT-waw

Thank you Gordon Gekko for the link. Chaos theory is beautiful, it answers many questions from many areas. Trading is difficult, why? Simple answer: because markets move in non-linear way.

Universal theory. Everything can be treated as a fractal. Absolutely everything!
    Here's another link: http://www.wfu.edu/~petrejh4/chaosind.htm

#157     Sep 13, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

GG,
    It is better to be the "core" than the "butt" of all jokes.

Maybe the reason is you are a good guy and you are pretty reliable to actually see all this stuff. I would not take anything seriously. Or personally.

And I too would be happy to try and help you with your trading. But I agree with what others have told you. There is no magic formula. I hope you read what I said in the "successful trading" thread about Mind Set.

Think like a winner (positive attitude). Stay disciplined, and do what feels right. No two traders ever trade exactly alike. Find your own style and develop it. Step it up when you are in sync, and step back when you are not. Always keep in mind "when you're hot, you're hot, etc."

Good luck,
    :)Rs7

#158     Sep 13, 2002
  9. If you are intrigued by TradeTones and want to delve deeper into how sound might help you see patterns in the market, get the book "Auditory Display" from the Santa Fe Institute (its an academic book with a fun CD of examples) . Also, Mathematica has built-in tools for "displaying" a data series as sound.

Trade soundly,
    Traden4Alpha

#159     Sep 13, 2002
  10. Well, all I need to do is get that auditory program to make music out of price movement and then hook up one of those vibrating back massager chairs to the volume levels (so more volume makes the chair vibrate harder) and I'm home free.

Screw graphs!

#160     Sep 13, 2002