I dont think the housing market is really getting better. Do you????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jucesar2005, Mar 25, 2008.

I dont think the housing market is really getting better. Do you????

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    73.9%
  3. WTF

12 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. I thought the forclosure tour bus idea was a first of its kind. Yes I agree Maxpi, it is a cycle.

#21     Mar 26, 2008

2. Just look at the home builder stocks CTX, HOV, TOL, and the XHB they are all in an uptrend clearing above 50 day moving averages and that is now flattening out and rising..even HD is in an uptrend..!

These stocks start taking off 6 months earlier than the markets itself.. so you can know because construction and revenues come is 6 months later when the cycle turns up.. pretty smart way to Judge real estate cycles.

#22     Mar 26, 2008
  3. Grab some real estate now, you won't regret in 1 year, when the markets get healthy... buy now on the cheap. Your kids can play in a backyard instead of dodging passing cars.

Stop joking around with foreclosure tours, otherwise you will be living in a rented one bedroom junky cube for the rest of your mortal existence...nothing to show for and live for..

#23     Mar 26, 2008
  4. Hedgefund2, forelosures can be lucrative, you know this too yes? No, I am not on the forclosure tour bus, but intersting that such a thing is happening. Everyone trys to make a buck on the state of the union...that is the intersting part.

#24     Mar 26, 2008
    #25     Mar 26, 2008
  6. #26     Mar 27, 2008
  7. maxpi

maxpi

I would wait to buy foreclosures when the current buyers of foreclosures are in foreclosure but that's just me..

The San Fernando Valley, in Southern California is having nearly as many foreclosures as home sales, that probably is not a good sign. They have a zillion Mexicans there, maybe they are a "subprime node" or something. I recall when the same area had the same number of permits being taken out to build pools as they did for filling in pools, it was in another real estate boom time.

#27     Mar 27, 2008
  8. Mmm hmmm. Agreed.

#28     Mar 27, 2008
  9. I think it hits bottom by 2010

#29     Mar 27, 2008
  10. I don't understand what you mean by "current buyers of foreclosures are in foreclosures"
    Doyou mean people who have gone through foreclosures personally are now trying to buy again by looking at foreclosures?, or are you saying a nationality group that bought and foreclosed in the past, are now the current seekers of foreclosures? Don't know if this is true, but if it is, remember now the rules of buying are not the same as the rules that made the mess. No more liar loans, no more cheap money, credit worthyness is a must have to buy a home. Bad credit?....no deal then.

#30     Mar 27, 2008