I don't see many African American traders, why only white guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by apak, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

The truth is look at Obama. All the credentials to be a Fund manager like Pulsescan yet he decides to become a community organizer.

In Chicago a community organizer is a risk free way to wealth.
    You have no idea how much Federal, State and local public money gets sent into the blighted urban areas.

Most of it is funneled through grants using Churches and non-profits. There is very little auditing done.

The IRS does no auditing of these programs. Imagine the IRS going after Jesse and the Rainbow coalition. The IRS would be shut down first.

Its a nice lifestyle.

#11     Nov 5, 2008
  2. MGJ

MGJ

Magnus Greaves, publisher of Trader magazine (link), is an African American. See the Black Enterprise 2007 Hot List: (here)

[​IMG]

#12     Nov 5, 2008
  3. What have you done yourself to get more blacks interested in trading?

#13     Nov 5, 2008
  4. The man deserved to win.

#14     Nov 5, 2008
  5. [​IMG]

#15     Nov 5, 2008
  6. karol88

karol88

yeah we should come up with something to get them into trading...more free money for us!!!! :D

#16     Nov 5, 2008
  7. Hmm, I don't understand what you mean about blacks not interested in trading. I am black and have been trading since the late 80's. Hung out at the Merc sort of regularly too! I'm a member of a trading club also. I have quite a few friends who quietly have built pretty good sized stock portfolios. We're not major, but there non-the-less. I've even trained people in using numerous software products, most black folks there too!

We don't look to heading to Wall Street for many other reasons. One of the main ones being the kids don't get through high school in general let alone looking for specialized positions. They generally find rapping more fun and viable. That along with the NBA/NFL see to allow for more possibilities for quick cash. And it, trading, is generally not around the dinner table conversations. Just is that way! And it won't be changing anytime soon. :)

#17     Nov 5, 2008
  8. Hmm, I don't understand what you mean about blacks not interested in trading. I am black and have been trading since the late 80's. Hung out at the Merc sort of regularly too! I'm a member of a trading club also. I have quite a few friends who quietly have built pretty good sized stock portfolios. We're not major, but there non-the-less. I've even trained people in using numerous software products, most black folks there too!

We don't look to heading to Wall Street for many other reasons. One of the main ones being the kids don't get through high school in general let alone looking for specialized positions. They generally find rapping more fun and viable. That along with the NBA/NFL see to allow for more possibilities for quick cash. And it, trading, is generally not around the dinner table conversations. Just is that way! And it won't be changing anytime soon. :)

#18     Nov 5, 2008
  9. How come nobody ever asks why there are no white people in (fill in the blank)?

There are no white running backs in the NFL.

There are no white cornerbacks in the NFL.

There are very few white American NBA players (especially if you take out big goon centers used for 3 minutes and 5 fouls a game).

There are only a couple of white rappers.

There is no "WET", or "White Entertainment Channel".

There are no "white colleges".

Only a very small handful of white people are employed by rich black people.

Why aren't there any programs, special interest groups, or government funding to get white people into those positions?

I could go on and on, but due to the disgusting double standard, ponting these things out makes someone "racist".

#19     Nov 5, 2008
  10. Ari2.0

Ari2.0

I don’t know how to properly respond to such an offensive and mediocre attempt at humor, unlike you, I’m an African American trader at a real bank not a bucket shop. Several of my black college friends are as well. But since I’m still very uplifted from last nights victory, I won’t be too negative. It’s called “exposure” mate. And hopefully this post will provide exposure to you. I didn’t know the trading world existed until college. Most banks, try to throw the unexposed minorities into backoffice roles. Last night was an example of exposing the possibilities of alternative career paths to success instead of the generic doctor, lawyer, etc. They now have simulation trading rooms at some HBCU to expand the diversity of career options. I plan on reaching out and bring other prospects under my wing, when I get a bid older that is…:cool:

#20     Nov 5, 2008