I don't like this.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Cuddles, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

I've been trying to convince myself that this bull run isn't over for over a month now.

upload_2018-11-22_23-13-10.png

2. I freaking HATE that!

3. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Well, the statement you made in and of itself says a lot. So, what does your trading strategy/plan tell you to do? As a trader, does it matter if it is a bull or bear? Why do you have to try and convince yourself?

Within the terms of trading, I don't understand the word "like". Is the word "like" not an emotional word? Emotions and trading don't mix well.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    cvds16 likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

More investor-like so perma-bullish. Been resisting making bearish moves but may be time. Perhaps once I experience making money on the short side, any feelings of angst will be fleeting.

jys78 likes this.
  5. maxinger

maxinger

Sorry but I like this chart.

I focus more on day range.
    Day range has been very wide.
    so it is very tradable.

NQ.png

They likes this.
  6. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

A perma-bull market is like Santa Claus, it doesn't exist. The market is cyclical. You have been trying to convince yourself that that bull run isn't over. What will convince you that it is or isn't over? If you convince yourself that it is over, do you have to make money on the short side? Do you have any other options?

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

well, no, one could always be bullish on bonds, metals, or commodities in such market I suppose.

8. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

This conversation reminds me of a couple of quotes.

Buffet: "Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1."
    Franklin: “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!”

You didn't pick door number 4. Cash is an asset class.

For yourself, you should really spend some time trying to answer the other question in my previous post. I.e., what will convince you that the bull market in equities is over?

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

A money losing one @ 2.5% inflation

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

Do you like it as a shorter or long? I guess my "I don't like this" was as a bull.

#10     Nov 23, 2018