I don't buy this rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Seems like to some degree, we all are making predictions when we place a trade. How can you be a "trader" of the markets without making predictions and basing trades off of them? We form an opinion based on our interpretation of current market levels/sentiment and then "predict" which way the market will likely move next. What else is there?

#41     Jan 29, 2008
  2. How is that short position doing?

#42     Jan 29, 2008
  3. What was it that he shorted? QQQQ? NQ? Specific stocks?

#43     Jan 29, 2008
  4. I closed out half hour ago. Took the $700 loss but was offsett by abk. Oh well, bad call and move on. Should of waited till tomorrow and let the bull run his course...

Bulls win today.

#44     Jan 29, 2008
  5. 1500 DXD...I trade ETF's mostly.

#45     Jan 29, 2008

6. Some guys think they are invincible. Maybe this guy makes money on EVERY trade. Sorry, I'm human. It's been a good month. I had this coming and was due for a hit. You cut the loss and move on.

Need as much gunpowder as possiblle for tomorrow and the chops.

You long and strong guys and buy and holders, be my guest.

#46     Jan 29, 2008
  7. You are occasionally long the market, is that correct? Personally, sometimes I'm long, sometimes I'm short. Sometimes I make money and sometimes I don't. Just because some of us were long today and it worked out doesn't mean we're all foaming at the mouth one-way traders. Maybe I'll be short tomorrow, I don't know.

A consistent problem here at TrailerTrader.com is that you can't even say you bought index calls for a half an hour trade without someone screaming, "You permabulls are gonna get yours! You will pay for your li-i-i-i-ies!!!"

#47     Jan 29, 2008
  8. hey P$D do you think this is a suckers rally?
    if the banks and homebuilders knew a rate cut was coming they would have (and did) start buying to sell into the spike tomorrow?
    that was good advice you gave me on NFI back in june july thanks-now i do not feel secure that we are at a bottom by any means-but i could be way wrong being a spectator in this mess-home builder sector is first to rise with a mkt bottom?????
    unless it is a false bottom-----so is this a false bottom?
    nother leg down coming?
    any idea's?

ABN is still up there
    what are the best re-insurers to short?
    thanks for the out put sorry your trade failed

#48     Jan 29, 2008
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Guess Ya'all realize the Fed can make the market go to infinity by pushing the dollar to zero. :D

#49     Jan 29, 2008
  10. I don't know, it was a bad trade. Hell, I just trade what I see. Maybe I got cocky today. Every trade this month has worked out TOO well. I was due for a losing day.

Hell, I'm mostly bearish. I turned into super bull last week on that drop when all you follow the leaders got scared and sold. Sure, I left thousands on the table not letting some trades run long. I hit my target and I bail. I cut my loss when it goes against me like today. Hey a $700 loss is better than a $3000 loss.

I think I'll just wait till 2:30 tomorrow before any new move I make. I fade lots of rally's. Most likely, ye I will fade the FED.

I'm not perfect like you ELITE traders. Guess uou have the market cornerd and don't lose. You and your demo accounts and quarterback trading. When you start trading for real, its a different ball game.

When you have big lot trades and you have a sizeable profit, I say take it and run. I just don't get greedy these days I guess.

#50     Jan 29, 2008