I don't buy it -- I postulate this is a false move in a long term trend

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scriabinop23, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Since when has the economy and the stock market had 100% direct correlation? If you're using the economy as a reason to buy or sell stocks, you'll miss all the big moves.

#21     Jun 30, 2006
  2. zdreg

zdreg

yoyr major flaw is the excessive use of the word I starting with the title of this thread which could have been cut by 2/3s to False Move in Long Term Trend.:)

#22     Jun 30, 2006
  3. In Vic's case it would have to be an admission or an agreement since the statement comes from J.M.Keynes.

#23     Jun 30, 2006
  4. Just wondering why everyone keeps calling for sustained directional moves. Am I the only one who feels that the markets, with all the quick (leveraged) money moving in and out and average investors becoming increasingly short-term oriented, that the day of the sustained trend is over?

#24     Jun 30, 2006
  5. I predict a long and sustained thread

#25     Jun 30, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

don't POSTULATE!
    LIQUIDATE!

#26     Jun 30, 2006
  7. If we see how few are able to agree on the notion "do trends exits?" then we can start to contemplate on how few are able to determine objectively what kind of directional move they are presently in. Lets not even talk about if they are able to do this in a timely fashion while the directional move is forming.

Combine this with that in less than 20% of the time there is a tradeable directional move.....

Maria

#27     Jun 30, 2006
  8. I may be mistaken but I think that it was also mentioned in Jesse Livermore's book.

(when he was right on the direction of the market but had the timing wrong and when the move came about he was broke)

Maria

#28     Jun 30, 2006
  9. Yes, you're right but I think the original allusion was to
    "The market can remain irrational much longer than you can remain solvent."

I'm a big fan of Jesse Livermore by the way.

#29     Jun 30, 2006
  10. Bull for the forseeable future ;). So many bears, delightful.

#30     Jul 1, 2006