I do not watch TV/news etc.. when trading.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Distracting and not conductive to good trading. Why would anyone want to hear all that noise and those pundits flapping their lips.

I prefer to listen to good ambient music, and just focus at the task at hand, work out the details paper,4color bic pen and notes + trusty old calculator.

who else here keeps the tv and noise out of the trading office?

2. olias

olias

I like trance music when trading. It's like ambient music with a beat.

3. Music is about as good as medication for me: Listening to music, particularly on headphones (even in a quiet environment), seriously increases my ability to focus.

TV off, low, or on mute, most of the time - save for times surrounding exceptional market movements.

4. I listen to bear biased Bloomberg radio via the internet, since I'm not from Nueva York.

5. SEEKINGALPHA

6. I don't watch news, the tape, the stocks Im trading or anything else.

I trade with the monitor turned off and the keyboard disconnected.

Doesn't everyone?

7. pspr

pspr

Judging from the posts I see I think you are right! Many ET'ers must trade with their monitors turned off and they are probably fortunate to do so.

I like to trade with everything on. TV, browser, email, phones, barking dog, lawnmower, fan, air, heat, sprinklers, fireplace, car. I like to hear the "white noise".

8. jnbadger

jnbadger

I've been showing up at the office pretty early lately (6:30 or so CDT) and it seems that squawk box is ok to watch, esp if they have a good guest on. But as soon as that fat assed blow hard comes on a half hour before the open, click. Quiet the rest of the day except for the occasional online talk radio around lunch time.

9. spd

spd

I listen to music as well. No more cnbc, bloomberg, or squawk

#10     Mar 26, 2010