I didn't Think I'd do it Again

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Jul 29, 2003.

1. deet

deet

Win or lose, everyone gets what they want out of the market.

#31     Aug 29, 2003
  2. brokerj

brokerj

All is well.

You live to fight another day, so learn from it and put it in the history file.

Good trading to you and yours.

#32     Aug 30, 2003
  3. Flynn

Flynn

If you trade spot currencies then seriously consider changing your marketmaker 'cause 9 point slippage is very uncommon now, even on the fast market.

#33     Aug 31, 2003
  4. IN2WIN

IN2WIN

Maybe it's the price of success, but I did the same dumd thing over and over.

I believe there is a part of us that, for whatever unknown reason, compells us to repeat self defeating patterns.

I made the commitment to succeed or die in the process of trying, and over time that self defeating part of me surrendered and am pleased to say that , although I hated the journey, the destination was worth the effort.

Hang in there if you're reely committed to succeed you will.

IN2WIN

#34     Oct 12, 2003
  5. In2win,

Thanks for the encouraging post..

I do repeat the same self defeating patterns over and over.. and am trying to overcome it.. very hard..

I know what I need to do to succeed in this its just a matter of doing it..

Can I ask.. what/how did you finally get past the self defeating patterns?

#35     Oct 13, 2003
  6. I apologize for answering your question to IN2WIN but think I can add a small nugget of knowledge by stating the obvious.

There are only 2 ways to get past this behavior =
    1. you lose all of your capitol.
    2. you get so sick and tired of losing that you adhere to your own little set of rules that helps you win.

Hopefully you choose the latter.

#36     Oct 13, 2003