I didn't see this in the "main stream media"...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gastropod, Sep 19, 2009.

1. I get these emails from the BEA...
    ######################################

The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) has issued the following announcement today:

State personal income statistics for the second quarter of 2009 and comprehensive revisions to those statistics for earlier periods that had been scheduled for release tomorrow, Friday, September 18, instead will be released on Friday, October 16.

BEA had accelerated the production of the revised state personal income statistics that are consistent with the recently-released comprehensive revision of the GDP statistics, with the aim of releasing those statistics more quickly than in previous comprehensive revisions. Due to discrepancies just discovered in the data, we are unable to meet the accelerated schedule. We apologize for the delay; but the statistics BEA produces must meet our standards for accuracy.

######################################

Was the real reason that the numbers for states' revenue was SOOO bad they didn't want to post them and create a market downturn????

-gastropod

2. sida

sida

economy is like this web site ET

everyone pretends to trade and do well

but the reality is 99% are skin and bones

same with the economy

3. jprad

jprad

It's a given that the numbers are going to be awful.

I wonder, is there some U.S. budget window that closes by pushing the release of these figures past the end of this fiscal year?

Could it be that the dems expect to ramrod Obamacare through over the next month and these lower figures could expose the sham of being able to self-fund this abomination?

4. jprad gets the kewpie doll!!!!! Well, well, well, looks like they are trying to push through a vote tomorrow on the "health care" bill (in the Senate) and lo and behold...the state revenue numbers don't come out until Friday - NICE CALL JPRAD!!!!

-gastropod