I did it!...I just configured and ordered a Athlon Dual Core from CyberPowerSystems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Mar 10, 2006.

1. comfut

comfut

Question for anyone, please,

If you select 2nd video card on your order are you assured that the motherboard can accept 2 pcie cards and thus have a 4 monitor set-up?????

#31     Mar 10, 2006
  2. Call them! I can if your out of the country...

#32     Mar 10, 2006
  3. comfut

comfut

I might be out of their country, but I'm in the USA. lol

#33     Mar 10, 2006
  4. Have you ever been to "lala" land?

#34     Mar 10, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

No Problemo....

PCIE mobos mostly have a x16, x4, & x1, PCIE slots + 2 or 3 PCI slots. Matrox makes a dualhead x1 card. Michael's sounds like it even has 2, x16 slots.

#35     Mar 10, 2006
  6. assuming that you are a discretionary trader..

you don't need such a fast computer if you are a discretionary trader. even if you scalp.

the fast comp is useless because the ping delay you experience with your isp prob will outweigh all the performance increases from the hardware

#36     Mar 10, 2006
  7. I trade on mutiple browsers and accounts...and I can see the difference between my three computers...

I am scalping, short term trading and carry's...It gets wild here sometimes...

shoot... its only $1,245.00 that I am spending...I have always agreed with what you are stating...and actually have been the advocate for not needing power for trading because of the bottlenecks...but there is some local improvements that I might realize.

I stepped up to the deluxe DSL speed and man, that was noticable...(I need a new box for the cable so I spent an extra four hundred bucks to test out my curiosity's..I will let you know)

I just am not a DELL man for now...

Michael B.

#37     Mar 10, 2006
  8. comfut

comfut

gnome,

thankf for the info on 4 monitor set-up.

have a good weekend.

#38     Mar 10, 2006
  9. I did this...I amended my order to be 4200's...thanks!

#39     Mar 13, 2006
  10. I left the SLI....I might run more than four monitors someday.

#40     Mar 13, 2006