I Coverd FB (Facebook) now long FB - why FB will be a $100+ stock within a year

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by 1011011, Jun 16, 2012.

1. mm19

mm19

can see some desperate longs out there :D

nope, FB will not go up.

#11     Jun 16, 2012
  2. The average purchase price in my game was around $.50 to $1.5

If you have hundreds of thousands of users a day a small percentage of users making purchases really adds up fast...

When new items were released there were spikes... I hit over $1000/hr when this one barn item was released. The item costed $2...

It's best to have a three stage marketing plan... New users only see items that are worth very little... Then once they make a purchase new higher cost stuff is displayed... Once people pull the trigger and make a purchase they are open to making larger purchases without hesitation...

I was playing this game maplestory last year... And I went from playing for free... To spending $150+ month on it... To even considering buying a $1000 wand in cash from this other person for my Evan. :D Took me like six months at twelve hours a day to reach level 140+...

Gaming gets a little overboard... A friend of mine sold off his accounts and characters when he left world of warcraft and made thousands off em...

Even in my little facebook game there were about ten users who had tossed over $100 into the game...

A lot of developers go a bit overboard in their pricing... It's supposed to be "micropayments"... Not $10-$30 game items... Sheesh...

But, the reality is most of the time wasters on these games don't really give a damn... $5 to them is less than they pay for a coffee...

#12     Jun 16, 2012
  3. Rangetrader what do you think of ZNGA at current valuation ?

I think most people/analysts who don't like the stock have never played a free-nium game.

#13     Jun 16, 2012
  4. mm19

mm19

hahaha another desperate long.

price will go down 90% from top, around 4.5

hope you guys do not use leverage on this one :D :D

i know it feels like google but :eek:

#14     Jun 16, 2012
  5. Sorry to disappoint, but I never bought ZNGA.

No debt and money in the bank ZNGA could get snatched up by FB - but at what price ?

#15     Jun 17, 2012
  6. I dunno... Don't care.

All I know is that my partner company is in a lawsuit against them and I get a nice amount of $$ if they win the suit.

#16     Jun 17, 2012
  7. vlpaul

vlpaul

FB will hit $60 bofore $15..?

#17     Jun 17, 2012
  8. This is a very appropriate comment. 5 years ago, many expected GOOG to tank in price, but it did not because of it's strong business model and earnings. Shorts got creamed....big time.
    I think many of these high flyers are only holding up bacause of this "Google effect". These stocks are not Google.

#18     Jun 18, 2012
  9. As a (former) regular Facebook user, I can say that from a "boots on the ground" perspective, I wouldn't touch FB stock on the long side with a 10 foot pole. I just actually deleted my Facebook account, and I know a bunch of other folks who have done the same, because in reality it's just a useless time suck.

I just don't care anymore about reading that someone I used to know in high school but can't be bothered to stay in touch with in the real world went to Olive Garden last night and had penne arrabiata, and it was awesome.

Furthermore, neither I, nor anyone I know who uses or used Facebook ever clicked on any of the sponsored ad links except only by accident. And of course there's the issue where everyone is pissed that Facebook switched to its timeline format. Every new development I've seen Facebook implement on their site and service tells me it is not being run by forward thinking or innovative folks. This ain't no Google or Apple folks.

The way I see it, Facebook is nothing more than a badly managed novelty. All it will take is someone to build a better social mousetrap, and Facebook will be Myspace in no time flat. But for those who like to gamble with their money, go for it.

#19     Jun 18, 2012
  10. Facebook if managed correctly could become bigger than google... Just saying it's possible...

Unlikely though the way things are being managed...

#20     Jun 18, 2012