I could've been a Dentist, a Doctor, a Nurse but no I took wrong path, trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Anti-Hurst, Dec 24, 2008.

1. I'll never forget when you wrote years ago

"one good trader told me, you'll get it in 5 years or so, I said, I don't know I am pretty smart, and he said, yeah I counted that in"

timeless and true :D

#11     Dec 24, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

Interesting you bring that up now... with the Madoff business going on.

The guy who told me that was David Yoshinaga... he was running managed options for clients of our B/D....

I got suspicious and pulled my and most of my clients money out. (David talked a few into staying... saying I was "crazy").

Those who didn't get out with me never got a penny back... shame.

I mentioned his name just in case he's still around, defrauding investors..

#12     Dec 24, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

gnome did you see the article on bloomberg, that if you took your money out because you suspected it was fraud they can consider that some kind of "insider info" and take your money back. I dont remember the link, but its here on ET someplace. Its something that maybe a lot of Madoff investors will have to deal with..did you have too?

#13     Dec 24, 2008
  4. never mind my attempt at humor in this thread

I am close gnome, very close, and I have people like you to thank for getting this far

thanks

#14     Dec 24, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Yes, I read that. It didn't come up in the Yoshinaga deal. I don't know why...

That was early in my career... I think I had only about $20K with him, but that was a lot to me then.

Maybe the regulators thought the case was too small?

The BD got into big trouble with the SEC for "due diligence failure"... unfortunately, that was not the only BD I was with in my career which had that problem.

Due Diligence is a really, really big deal... as the Madoff case highlights.

#15     Dec 24, 2008
  6. lol I was thinking the same thing. Anyone with that much bias cannot be that great of a trader.

#16     Dec 24, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

You're right. If I were a GREAT trader, I'd have $500 Million by now.

#17     Dec 24, 2008
  8. If you're good you're good. But you must be exceptional because I'll be honest. Everytime I come across someone with so many opinions, they usually follow that up with plenty of excuses.

.....and you know where that leads

My apologies. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any MM posts coming from you :p

I know when I'm wrong....and i have a pretty good feeling i'm wrong about you now. :)

#18     Dec 24, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

MM? Is that Money Manager?

#19     Dec 24, 2008
  10. Ninja edit......

100 million is chump-change now? ;)

#20     Dec 24, 2008