"I could care less"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ghost of Cutten, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Kind of related. I'm basically a grammar nazi and hear things all the time that make me cringe. Here's a sampling:

"These ones" - said when indicating a particular group of objects. How can you have more than one one?

"Cheap price" - referring to a low price on something. Goods can be cheap, but not prices. Prices are just numbers.

"Cold temperatures" - Weather people say this all the time on TV. Drives me crazy since they should know better dammit. Temperatures can't be cold, only air (at least with regard to weather).

Occasionally I'll hear a guy say "she has nice ones". That doesn't make me cringe for some reason. :cool:

#11     Jul 1, 2010
  2. "I could care less" gets on my nerves as well as:

Professional newscasters that say shtreet instead of street, thisshyear instead of this year. Put some effort into it and stop slurring your words. That's why they pay you $15 million per year to read the news.

#12     Jul 1, 2010
  3. If this thread turns into "phrases you hate".

"at the end of the day..."

Every athlete, armchair quarterback, newscaster or head on TV thinks that attaching this to ANY comment validates the idea, his intelligence and originality.

Add this phrase to create instant moron...

#13     Jul 1, 2010