i cant stop winning

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by traderkay, May 12, 2003.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

cool feature :cool:

#11     May 13, 2003

2. Great comeback......Boy...YOU are one FUNNY dude....whewww
    sniff!...I just had to wipe a tear from my eye from laughing too much...LMAO!!...I give up ...i can't compete with comebacks like that!!..I would say something else, but im afraid you would use your classic " I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I" ...And truthfully, i just can't compete!:D :D :D

#12     May 13, 2003

3. But if you're picking days from the past, aren't you at least a little aware of what the market was like on those days? Ie, isn't kind of cheating?
    Or you do you truly have no idea what happened on those days, and are trading blind, like the real thing?

#13     May 15, 2003
  4. pretzel

pretzel

No, there are a lot of dates to pick from - so no need to worry about market memory - http://66.175.18.214/DaCharts/constant_tick_playback/ES/

Another thing is that you can change the starting price - so the original support and resistance numbers wont matter.

Actually, very good for practice if you just keep in mind the nuances.

pretzel

#14     May 15, 2003
  5. You have defined your problem quite clearly.

To change from where you are now will take several steps.

The many many posts you have made on your difficulties make for a very good example to others.

In learning, the greatest difficulty is the first real step. You will have to cut down to your size, each learning step that you have to learn. Why try to take a first big step when it invariably turns out to be a failure.

It is very unfortunate that you have been jumping around like a butterfly week after week and just cluttering up your mind with the answers to questions that you formulate and ask.

You can see by your Q's that you have not reached a point where you can begin to go to work. I assume that you are not an idiot at all. This stage you are at now is just a precursor to moving to a more rational place. You are just wrapping up all the ploys that are used to avoid settling down. You probably will change the ways you seek attention once and for all, since they are not much of a challenge any more. at this point you are capable of recognizing that the "safety" of remaining where you do stuff that keeps you cycling along in futility is a routine that is getting old.

That is why what you are doing won't last.

Just about anyone can make money in the markets. The markets tend to grow in size, participation and breadth. The net result is that more money changes hands and more people keep some of it for themslves. The stock markets are the easiest, inwhich to make money. But they are limited by lower leverage and other trading advantages.

Any way you do it, the compound interest formula takes you to a wealthy place. There are many many ways to make money. To make money you have to simply settle down and learn how.

Your first step is to begin to learn. Now is the time to recognize that you are capable of learning. Since you do not have any strength and stamina as yet, you might want to watch for a while.
    Don't try to think up any questions. Just watch and and listen.

You will get the picture of where you are in the infinite scheme of things at some point.

#15     May 16, 2003
  6. Ditch

Ditch

To achieve a realistic simulation you have to take 2 ticks slippage per trade into consideration.

#16     May 16, 2003

7. Good point...the prints you get on those are so generous.

#17     May 16, 2003
  8. TGregg

TGregg

Everytime I see this topic show up on the home page, I always think it says:

"I can't stop whining." :D Nothing against the author of this thread, more of an observation on some of the things that are written here.

#18     May 16, 2003
  9. So $25 for slippage and $5 for commissions? Hmm, then those results will certainly fall apart.

#19     May 16, 2003
  10. I think the bigger question is this:

Has anyone ever used a simulator for a week or more to practice....and LOST $$????? I would venture to say 90% made $$ which should tell you all you need to know about the validity of the simulator.....When you trade on those thing s you often get fictitious fills and more importantly.......It's no real, so if you buy 10,000 shares of a 20.00 stock, you don;t care if it drops 15 cents in the first two minutes.....your nerves and your $$ are not in the game...there are no doubts...no risk and therefore....no reason to cut your loss....so you wait until it comes back and goes up 10 cents and then you think " WOW I would have just made $1000.00!!"

#20     May 16, 2003