I Can't Stand The Moderating!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gordon Gekko, Aug 8, 2003.

1. in this thread:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20848&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

magister ludi attacked my "horrific" trading. i will admit my response to him contained swears, BUT NOT ONLY WERE THE SWEARS EDITED OUT, SO WAS THE ENTIRE POINT TO MY DAMN REBUTTAL!!!!! now it appears as if i just let him walk all over me!!!! my post is now missing like 2 paragraphs!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

CAN WE STOP THE MODERATING BS!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?! NOT JUST ON ET, BUT STOP THE CENSORSHIP IN GENERAL ON PLANET EARTH!!!!!!

i don't need a babysitter determining which sentences and words are ok for me to read!!!!

SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p. s. can someone tell me what makes some words BAD?!?!?!?! don't just say they're bad because everyone else thinks they're bad so you do, too. i mean, really, think about it and tell me why some words are "BAD"!!!!!!!!!!!! the world is fucked up!!!!!!

oh shit, i just said "fucked" (and "shit")! hurry up and delete the words! they're so bad!

i'm ahead of my time in america.

2. I have been quite clear concerning my opinion on the usage of words. To summarize, I will paraphrase George Carlin who says, 'there are bad thoughts, bad intentions, bad acts, and words.'

3. "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert Einstein

4. .

5. Every moderator is going to be different. I personally could care less about light swearing if it adds to the content of the post -- however it is, by the rule book, not allowed.

Its like getting pulled over. Some cops will let you off with a warning while other cops will give you a ticket.

The best thing to do in my opinion is to know who moderates what and get a feel for what they will and will not tolerate.

If enough people are offended over a specific post, it should probably be edited or deleted. However, I think we are all adults here and we've all been exposed to all the "extreme modifiers."

6. i already told the moderator that moderated me that it's not like i hate him for moderating me. i just fundamentally disagree with the entire concept of censorship. the moderator was just probably doing what baron told him to do and it is baron's site, so what he says goes.

i'm hoping that by complaining, the world will see the light, and become more and more against censoring stuff.

the world needs to do away with bullshit principles. in particular, i hate when people continue to do what has been done in the past, without even thinking about why they do it! all these people that don't like swears... what's the big deal? because you grew up being told swears are bad. and your grandparents told your parents the same thing. only some people can break away from bullshit traditions.

fool: hats off in the building!
    me: why?
    fool: it's disrespectful, i don't know.
    me: you tell me hats off in the building cuz someone told you hats off in the building...and the person before that told him the same thing, so now you do it to me although you don't even really know why....FUCK THAT!!!!

i'm just hoping that when i argue my points, some people at least think about what i'm saying if they disagree with me.

censorship is NOT the way to go. example.... magister ludi attacks me. i respond and get "moderated." if you're going to "moderate," maybe magister ludi's post should get moderated, too, since it was nothing but a worthless attack on me. I DON'T THINK HE SHOULD GET MODERATED, BUT I SHOULDN'T EITHER.

so, then the moderator edits my post. then has to consider moderating magister ludi's, too. eventually, it just turns into a MODERATING MESS. you end up with a moderator picking and choosing what to moderate based on HIS standards and many people have many different standards, but his decisions will impact all others.

IF YOU SKIP THE ENTIRE MODERATING PROCESS, AND INSTEAD LEAVE IT UP TO EACH INDIVIDUAL, THEN EACH PERSON CAN DECIDE FOR THEMSELF WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE. THAT'S WHAT THE IGNORE LIST IS FOR. THAT IS THE WAY TO GO.

for the record, i've said since i have been on ET, that i have no problem with spam posts being deleted. THAT SHOULD BE THE MODERATOR'S JOB.

here's another example of fiddling with things too much. FPC had a journal but didn't post in it. MAGNA CLOSED IT. wtf is with closing threads?!?! they go away on their own if no one posts in them anyway! why did it need to be closed?!? just leave things alone!! people can decide for themselves if FPC's journal is useless and then SIMPLY NOT CLICK ON HIS THREAD ANYMORE.

WAY TOO MUCH FIDDLING WITH THINGS GOING ON AROUND HERE. JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE.

END OF TIRADE.

7. man

man

another example of people wasting time. once we complain about the rough conduct here, next time we complain the opposite.

if i was baron i'd think: "jesus, what's next?"

peace

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I don't care about light swearing. But I do have a problem with users who's posts contain excessive profanity on a regular basis. Using profanity to get your point across is one thing but using it excessively to be crude or insult other members is just unnecessary.

9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

"Shit" and "fuck" are honest and courageous uses of your intelligence? Please.

10. For Gordon, the use of any word is a courageous use of intelligence.

#10     Aug 8, 2003