I can't get the parts to fix my car.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by countryBoy641, Jun 10, 2021.

1. zdreg

zdreg

China acts in its own interest. You have expanded your remark from hurting the US to hurting the West while not offering one iota of proof. If they are acting tit for tat with the US for harming Chinese interest that's life. I will repeat my previous post
    China can export to whomever they want. It would not surprise me if Germany and rich Arab countries can obtain all the parts they want.

#31     Jun 10, 2021
  2. easymon1

easymon1

Get a second opinion. Loose belt, low charge, ...?
    Factory parts compared to Chinese knockoff's, viewed side by side fit and fittings is not pretty. Many of them Suck.
    If there is indeed a Part that needs replacing, and you can get by without that car at pristine AC, then given you prob have a few bucks rolling around somewhere, why not wait so that the time the mechanic puts in will be worth your cashola.
    You may find that depending how long you want to keep the car, how fast the problem would resurface given a good servicing sans "new part" (get a second opinion), and so forth, it pays to wait for the factory part and if need be buy it from the dealer parts dept and have an honest reputable technician earn your business for the next 17 years.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15143620/1973-honda-civic-test-review/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    #32     Jun 10, 2021
  3. Peter8519

Peter8519

I am 100% sure that cars are dirt cheap in the US so just drive it to the nearest Honda dealer and trade-in your clunker for a spanking new one.
    It costs us a fortune to get a new one here. :(
    Price Guide - Honda

#33     Jun 10, 2021
    Gambit likes this.
  4. Gambit

Gambit

At least the public transportation is much better. Food is amazing...and bonus point for not having a mini civil war in the middle of a pandemic!

#34     Jun 10, 2021
    Peter8519 likes this.
  5. Peter8519

Peter8519

We just have to make do with what we have. ;)

#35     Jun 10, 2021
    Gambit likes this.
  6. easymon1

easymon1

We feel that way about our politicians, and unelected bureaucrats, lol.
    Where you at?

#36     Jun 10, 2021
  7. Peter8519

Peter8519

I am sure there are issues but I choose not to get stuck with them. Just make sure that we are not dependent on the "state". "State" could be politics, vaccine, etc. As long as we are not stuck at any "state", we are free. :cool:

Sorry @ts, it's off topic. :(

#37     Jun 10, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

#38     Jun 10, 2021
  9. %%;
    AUTO zone,TENDS TO EXCEL,+ HELP ANYONE, MUCH BETTER THAN THIS COMPUTER MALFUNCTION ON CAPS...............................................................................................

#39     Jun 11, 2021
  10. %%
    I delegate most of the work on my HMC, non dealer. Local Honda dealer is nice/ but overpriced.
    Any good mechanic can work on any Honda unless he[or she] tells you other wise.
    Auto Zone has excellent parts/warranty+ good service +plenty of locations. My mechanic uses them a lot also.....................................................................IF any dealer tried to weasel out of a warranty, because they could not get ''OEM '' parts, i would write top HMC management , polite of course.

#40     Jun 11, 2021