I can't get the parts to fix my car.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by countryBoy641, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Not a shortage.
    But it takes energy to get any lumber.

#21     Jun 10, 2021
  2. 2rosy

2rosy

maybe only Honda has the machine but I doubt only Honda installs it. I bet there are Honda mechanics that know work arounds.

#22     Jun 10, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

https://www.autozone.com/a-c-chargi...rigerant/a-c-pro-r1234yf-kit-14oz/1072034_0_0

R1234YF refrigerant is more expensive, but you don't need a $25K machine to use it. It looks like you can get a full recharge kit for $140. My advice would be to find a good independent auto shop that you can trust. You'll save a fortune over going to the dealership for repairs.

BTW, Sorry for derailing the thread. I know you made it to discuss the supply chain disruptions, but the car guy in me is coming out. I hope it isn't too difficult to get your car fixed.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    #23     Jun 10, 2021
    Gambit likes this.
  4. zdreg

zdreg

Women like handyman, carpenters and craftsmen.:D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    #24     Jun 10, 2021
  5. Not when they have contracted with American and Canadian companies and make up lies of manufacturing bottlenecks and supply chain issues in China when all the noname and Chinese garbage brands have no issues whatsoever, pumping out their merchandise. Same issue by the way on German Amazon. The markets globally are currently flooded with Chinese brands nobody has ever heard about while most international quality brands can't manufacture, ship, sell because the Chinese factories apparently have issues. This is the exact same bullshit game China has been playing in the WTO for 2 decades now. "You open up, we open up" -> meaning, "you open up, we laugh and do nothing but flood your markets with our shit products"

#25     Jun 10, 2021
  6. easymon1

easymon1

#26     Jun 10, 2021
    DiceAreCast likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

Nobody forces you to buy. Years ago when I was not familiar with marketing practices I bought a defective product made in China. I replaced it with the same product at 3X the price from Taiwan.

Become an informed consumer.

#27     Jun 10, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. lindq

lindq

Continuing here on Elite Car Repair, you can get an AC Pro AC refill kit for $40.00 at Autozone. It is a bottle of compressed refrigerant with a hose and adapter that just plugs into the car's AC system. Easy to use, and it works perfectly.

#28     Jun 10, 2021
  9. right, you would do that to some old clunker worth 2200 dollars. But not to a 2017 car that is partly still under manufacturer warranty.

#29     Jun 10, 2021
  10. So you blame someone who does not want to make the same mistakes as you and instead buys a quality product the same time around? Fact is, some parts even in top-quality US/Canadian/European products are made in China. China is blocking the manufacturing of items that supply American and Canadian companies. Even though they have contractual agreements. How? Through red tape, trumped-up charges, lies and needless delays. All the while manufacturing for all Chinese brands is running full steam. All in the name of a narrative and strategy the politburo is spinning to harm the West. If you think holding back on some vital chips that global car manufacturers need while China is flush with the same exact chips then that makes you dilusional.

#30     Jun 10, 2021