I cant believe I got suckered into going long GOOG today-that was the WORST earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Apr 15, 2010.

1. I can't believe I got suckered into picking up this crap stock Google. That was the worst earnings report. Ok Im ready for Goog to be placed on that conviction DUMP list.

2. BartS

BartS

pump and dump....so far....
    Bying google into earnings is a flip of a coin, just as any other stock for that matter....you're just flipping a much bigger coin...

3. It's only crap when you go the wrong way. :D

4. Truly terrible:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Googl...tml?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

.. first-quarter profit rose 37 percent ..
    .. Revenue climbed 23 percent ..
    .. topped the average estimate ..

They should be ashamed of themselves.

A steady rise of $30 from Friday's close, only to fall in afterhours once they released official earnings. I guess it's true what they say; buy rumor, sell news.

5. Google has a very rich valuation and a 29+ P/E which means anything less than a great miracle in earnings growth = disappointment.

6. how does goog spend 1.8 billion in a 1/4?

wtf do they spend it on?

7. S2007S

S2007S

Take a look at BIDU!!!

Talk about an over priced search engine!!!

8. buddy, another fuxxup? "conviction dump list"? Lol, you are a conviction idiot!!!! Smart traders stay mostly in cash right now or sell calls against their remaining longs they have on the book. You are a loser who got every call wrong over the past weeks/months...go figure

9. I don't play GOOG, but I've been burned on gaps over earnings so I know the pain.

You can hedge by selling a covered call or buying a put, or for any other stock you hold over earnings.

It's a lot safer and you can prevent heart palpitations when they announce. Also, we're going to enter the lull period soon, so not the best time to "gamble" on earnings.

Good luck.

10. looking to see if it gets down to 560 during normal hours lots of support there. Will be a buyer in that area.

#10     Apr 16, 2010