I Cannot Believe Pequot Capital Management Is Folding

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 28, 2009.

1. Flytiger

How wonderful to see someone else post this stuff. Everyone is starting to see what we've been saying for years. But unfortunately, it looked so wacky, so off the wall, nobody believed it. They were doing too well. Oh, there is much more to come. So much more it is frightening. I don't know if I can ever be more frightened than I was in September. But maybe.

Now, as an exercise in, oh, Sociology, or Physcology, consider this.

Why did Samberg, Mack, the enforcement attorneys at the SEC......where did they all get the balls to do what they did? Would any of you leave such obvious paper trails that a child could trace? Of course not. Unless, of course, Daddy was the Chief of Police.

See where it goes next? Watch OBama destroy the SEC in its present form.

I do appreciate Bush 43 keeping the country safe. But what he did with Christopher Cox he should hang for. And i mean that literally. You kill a man, you take the life of one human being. You destroy the economy of a nation, how many do you kill.?? Just add up the suicides up to now.

And before Liberals start licking their chops, there are plenty of Dems to blame too.

We are Snafued, folks. All that's left is to get the perps, knock everything down, and start over.

PS. Aguirre has said, what really got him in the shit was when he got to "naked short selling". That's when he got canned. Now, put on your thinking caps, and tell me where this goes next.

Good post....Flytiger....

1000% correct....

Basically the SEC has been used as a higher paying "wink.wink" roladex job creator....

Bama should put the SEC out of its misery....

Right now....

#11     May 28, 2009
  2. There is no guessing. Try reading the wikipedia link.

Pequot is known for being a bunch of crooks, it's not speculation, it's fact.

#12     May 28, 2009
  3. a good take on the investment process is ‘cat staff meeting’ by seth macfarlane, which can be found on youtube

Varima Garch

#13     May 28, 2009
  4. I remember being ridiculed when talking about terrorists who knocked down the bank stocks.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0528200..._bullish_on_wall_st__insider_pooks_171352.htm

What do you think this is about.

It looks like Obama is going to do one thing right. Too bad he has to do it. But I think we all agree, he has to do it.

I want to see the perp walk with top Wall St. Ceos. I want to see how the market reacts. I want the general public to know what was done, and why their asses are in the street, why they lost their jobs, why their 401 k's are gone, why they can't retire until 62, soon to be 65, maybe to "never".

#14     May 28, 2009
  5. Corelio

Corelio

:p

They should have been closed several years ago.

There was nothing more blatant and obvious than the 2001 GE-Heller trades.

#15     May 28, 2009
  6. Very cool so many of you guys are informed about this stuff.

yOu've already seen how much you can count on the establish to do the right thing. You can't.

So, you , as an individual will have to step up

Looks like some of you are.

#16     May 28, 2009
  7. #17     May 28, 2009
  8. Christopher Cox needs to be "punished" in a public square ( if you know what I mean ).

:mad:

#18     May 28, 2009
  9. Nevertheless, James Eichner indicated just before the SEC issued its Case Closing Report his continued belief that Pequot had done something improper if not technically illegal in its Microsoft trading:

"My opinion was certainly that Samberg thought he was getting inside information and trading on it. That was my opinion
    and continues to be my opinion. . . . I think Samberg thought he was committing insider trading, but it’s not clear that he was, in fact, committing insider trading.

[A]t the end, you know, when I was trying to get my ducks in a row on materiality and a couple other things, it kind of fell apart. But then we thought, well, they got this Goldman stuff, too, and that looks bad so let’s look at that. Maybe they traded based on both the Zilkha tip and the Goldman thing. So then we did the Goldman piece, and then that turns out not to be— you know, it turns out to be Goldman policy [to provide certain clients advanced access information in unpublished analyst reports] and not illegal.

t seems terribly unfair to me[.] . . . [W]hat I learned from this whole thing is that, you know, people at Pequot, they get a lot of good information from a lot of sources that allows them to make money. And, you know, it’s no wonder a lot of these hedge funds do really well. I mean, they give Goldman tons of money in brokerage commissions, and Goldman gives them the best information, and the poor schmoes out there, that is a tough hurdle, but, you know, it’s not against the law, and that’s the limit of our authority. . . . I don’t speak for the SEC
    on this, but, I mean, I think Samberg committed insider trading on Microsoft."

:mad:

#19     May 28, 2009
  10. :eek: i thought their edge was based on highly mathemathecized proprietary blackbox gamma-metaresearch

#20     May 28, 2009