I canceled my OEC account

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by IronFist, Aug 4, 2017.

1. A while ago they started charging for the DOM.

Now $15 a month when you don't use your account.

2. i wish i could cancel my housing office...they keep charging and charging and charging!

3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I tried OEC long time ago, and I was not that impressed and went for another solution. I think it is not completly bad, there are just much better alternatives available.

Even Rick Tomsic, founder of OEC, moved on and launched Tradovate in 2015, which I like MUCH more, especially their pricing (only place I know where a small retail trader can trade the Bund for less than 0.50 EUR per contract, all-in).

@IronFist, where are you moving your account now ?

4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

We can help via AMP clearing. They do not charge for inactivity or memberships fees.

5. Tradovate

Tradovate Sponsor

We were disappointed to see OEC started an inactivity fee. It really goes against where the industry should be heading. Tradovate strives for simple, transparent pricing. See Tradovate Pricing.

6. My checking account.

I would like an account that doesn't charge for DOM data so I can observe it for a while without actually having to trade.

And since I live in the west timezone now I'd like somewhere I can trade inexpensive Japanese contracts.

7. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

IronFist, why not open a demo account with one of the countless brokers ? There will be no charge and you can observe the DOM as much as you need.

8. volpri

volpri

That kind of stuff makes me think they are hurting for money..maybe about to go broke.