I can Steal your Edge, I am serious

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Guile_yes, Aug 5, 2006.

1. i hate to agree with him , ,but there was a post on here a few weeks ago,, with a link, which happened to be a virus,, it showed up as an information seeker,, and could have been a hacker looking for programs,, ?? never use your trading pc to surf..{ i also wear a tin hat....and a condom at all times so the aliens dont get pregnant.

#11     Aug 5, 2006
  2. and besides nit-wit, there are no such things as SECRETS, what one might call a SECRET is simply what works for you.

Go to the bar tonight and rattle about your fantastic powers to some bimbo. Maybe you will better luck laying out some lines there.

Please come snooping around by garbage cans at night, 2 dogs love chewing on ankles. LOL :D

#12     Aug 5, 2006
  3. And I just stole your mojo.

-- Dr. Evil

#13     Aug 5, 2006
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Talk is cheap. Challenge for you, hotshot:

I post my swingtrades in realtime in the Journal section. Go ahead and figure out my edge and you are allowed to post it here. Let's see if you can do it, my bet is that you can't. :)

Also, see how scared I am of others stealing my secrets?? I post the trades for all to see!!! You don't need a parabolic antenna or breaking an encrytpion, you just have to read ET!!! Ta da!!!

One more thing: It is not always possible to backward engineer a trading strategy just by looking at the trades...

#14     Aug 5, 2006
  5. frank99

frank99

The technique this guy is referring to basically applies to unencrypted wireless connections. Hackers can very easily sniff packets through the air and see them very easily if there is no encryption. Even if they are using WEP encryption, it is still possible to crack - but more difficult. If you are using wireless, you'll need stronger encryption than WEP - newer wireless devices offer this.

If you have a wired connection, yes a hacker can still break into your computer, so you'll also need a firewall to help.

Frank

#15     Aug 5, 2006
  6. hans37

hans37

The inevitable result of the barrier to the net being a cheap computer and a phone.

#16     Aug 5, 2006
  7. Apparently your neighbors aren't successful traders, because otherwise you would already have been rich. Or perhaps they are succesful but your parabol isn't functioning.

:D

#17     Aug 5, 2006
  8. [​IMG]

#18     Aug 5, 2006
  9. Guile_yes

Guile_yes Guest

Hi guys its me the guy who started this thread.

Listen, its been a blast, lot of you have a real healthy dose of humor, (I value humor)

Unfortunately many of you that commented also displayed lower than mine intelligence.
    I noticed that great many who viewed the thread actually didn’t comment, view to reply ratio is usually different.

While sniffing packets is certainly doable, that is not what I was referring to when I mentioned Parabolic antennae. This type of antenna isn’t needed for packets.

Those that commented that there are no trading Secrets, well than you are the guy I consistently take money from.

As for those that suggested that I would already be rich, well maybe I am not rich for some of you. But consider that I without formal schooling (and son of a janitor) now make 30 k a month, but less after tax (bloodsucking tax law).

For some people that is pocket change, I know I met some of you like that. But if you ask me I am doing okay.

I posted this thread to inform you guys that not everything is safe, certainly not your LCD or CRT monitors,

I won’t be commenting again, take care and good luck.

#19     Aug 5, 2006
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

So why don't you hack a CPA's monitor so you would figure out how to pay less taxes?? Just a thought... :)

Figured you are an oldtimer having a little fun with the new handle. Good hacking and take care...

#20     Aug 5, 2006