I can predict the S&P eMinis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by MarketMover, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Let me guess... paper trading?

#21     Jan 6, 2009
  2. I can predict the e-minis too. I predict that they will move.

Stupid post.

#22     Jan 6, 2009
  3. But if his notations on the charts are accurate, he's taking entries ON the lines, not at mid-points between the lines.

#23     Jan 6, 2009
  4. MGJ

MGJ

"I can predict the S&P eMinis"

Shakespeare mentioned people like you.

#24     Jan 6, 2009
  5. A lot of threads are created for people to massage their battered egos. Others are created to educate fellow traders. This one seems to be the former rather than the latter.

#25     Jan 6, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Where is the ES going to close at 4:15 ET
    tomorrow 1/7/2009?

#26     Jan 6, 2009
  7. I started this post to see what kind of responses I'd get from people. There seems to be a lot of negativity from certain people. Probably a byproduct of a disbelief that someone could actually be a successful trader. I spoke for The ICE at a recent event and the place seemed to be filled with people like you find on these boards (no offense to those of you who are actually humble to the markets).

I run a private fund and this is one of the strategies I developed to handle large numbers of contracts being thrown into the market. I'll never reveal how these numbers are derived for obvious reasons.

To answer sandygray66's question, these are entry points rather than exit points. How I exit these trades and other trade executions vary. But I am a big fan of getting out when price has broken a manual trend-line in a run.

#27     Jan 6, 2009
  8. Looking at the points you marked on today's chart, you would have had to gotten perfect exits at the high/low of the subsequent swing after entry, which is impossible, especially in the ES.

Are those point totals marked potential max points assuming impossibly perfect exits, or points which were actually achievable by real trades? I don't see any way that they were the latter.

Not trying to be cynical, just want to clarify what you're showing us.

#28     Jan 6, 2009
  9. You are correct. The gross is just that (the total that was possible in the trade) I take a minimum of two points on the winning trades and try to maximize them as best as I am able. The losing trades I will take no more than a 3 point loss, but most of the losers are cut before it every gets to that point.

#29     Jan 6, 2009
  10. Ah, that makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

#30     Jan 6, 2009