I broke my record today!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderich, Jul 6, 2007.

1. paboyy

paboyy

what size were you trading to make that profit? Those are nice small moves, but you must have been trading size to get a $11K return.

#21     Jul 7, 2007
  2. PLATER

PLATER

good on yer

#22     Jul 7, 2007
  3. Gotta mix the good news with the bad... with no account size / max capital committed, and year to date performance, is the day record really relevant ?

What's your percent gain for the year and we'll compare to the S&P ? Good day, but we need perspective. Ya got excellent, detailed stats for the day.. you must know how the year s going ?

#23     Jul 7, 2007
  4. Yes David I know how the year is going, as I keep detailed daily records of all my trades.

I just had a good day and felt like posting it on ET. I could show you how I have done for the year, but why? I really have no interest.

Like I said earlier, I had shared some info with some folks on ET hoping to improve my results but based on how much I gave compared to what I got in return, I'd say I was better off just doing my own improvements.

Have a good weekend guys. See ya on Monday.

#24     Jul 7, 2007
  5. Daal

Daal

no. thats suicide

#25     Jul 7, 2007
  6. gaj

gaj

congratulations! when everything goes right and you trade the way your methods require, it's the greatest feeling in the world.

i'm going to offer up something that hits me from time to time when i have a kick ass day - don't let it affect your next couple days. by that, if opportunities aren't there, don't force them - and if the trades aren't running hard, don't think "well, i've got to let it run a lot more (even if it likely won't) because i'll 'only' make a thousand on the trade instead of several thousand".

i've done that, and it is NOT a good feeling; next thing i know, i have 3 trades that setup perfectly, gave me my expected return, and are now back to almost break even and 1 or 2 trades that were losers, and i'm down for the day instead of a solid (but not record) up day.

hope you (and others) don't make a mistake which i've made too many times.

#26     Jul 7, 2007
  7. HI Gaj,

Interesting to read your post. You and I obviously have 2 extremely different trading approach.

Mine is based on a very very stringent guideline based on due diligence and NOT at all on my gut feeling.

Many traders such as yourself look at setups and trade on this hoping they are making the correct buy and sell decisions at the correct time.

My decisions have been pre-determined. As some have noted quite correctly, the actual trading is very simple. The hard part is doing the homework.

peace.

#27     Jul 7, 2007

8. Always someone who's gotta piss in your wheaties....why can't you guys just say...."Great Job.....Congrats on a great day!"

That information is both irrelevent to a new record day....and non of your business, but that's just the opinion of this humble trader.

Congrats on your day, Rich!

#28     Jul 7, 2007
  9. ok first off im gonna say congrats on the day traderrich! For me it was always a big deal breaking certain barriers, 1k, 5k, and then the 5 figure mark, once you have done it it, it starts occuring with alarming frequency, as you hold yourself to a new benchmark. congrats again, and i hope it keeps up for ya man!!! (as long as you are not on the other side of me :D, just kidding, congrats)

now..... to deal with this fucking monkey.... DID YOU EVEN MAKE 10K LAST YEAR STOCK TRAD3R?????? I already know you made less than 20k which is less than a walmart union job, Please just post one statement proving you made over 10k last year which is 50$ a day, and less than someone at mcdonalds makes these days, where the fuck do you get off criticizing this thread when you start a new one every fucking day about your dumb ass lame picks??? This guy just made 10% of your ENTIRE NET WORTH IN ONE DAY.

PLEASE POST ONE TRADING BLOTTER................thats what i thought, you dont even trade.

Please commit suicide........ for your own good, you have no chance in life, and i am not even exaggerating.... you actually have zero chance of ever becoming more important than a pile of dog shit

#29     Jul 7, 2007

10. No way!! I don't believe you. Your probably one of the best traders on this site from what I've read.

Always enjoyed reading your post.:)

#30     Jul 7, 2007