i broke; i QUIT

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Bachelier, Mar 14, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

praise or criticize the action not the person. i know that is what you tried to do.

holding an overwhelmingly stressful position clouds your judgement.
    the basic rule is that if a position becomes too stressful close the position and live to fight another day.

#41     Mar 15, 2006
  2. at first i thought i had psychological deficiencies for not always following the plan. started reading the psychobabble books etc.

now i think i always do what is best for me deep down, according to skill-level of course. so losing big money these last days made me think..

#42     Mar 15, 2006
  3. 1) for an absolute beginner 5k would probably guarantee you a one way ticket out.

2) maybe, i don't really understand the question.

#43     Mar 15, 2006
  4. yeah if i had money.. would be nice to go back to college :)

#44     Mar 15, 2006
  5. great advice, thanks :)

actually i am not interested in the business of movie making. it's just one of these things i crave to do as a way to express myself. i have several strong opinions regarding the art and doing it for money is not one of them ;)

#45     Mar 15, 2006
  6. sledged

sledged

larrytke, you wrote that ET is hiring in Jersey City? What is this? Thanks.

#46     Mar 15, 2006
  7. larrytke

larrytke

ET= E-Trade. I am not referring to their prop trading, but an actual salaried broker.

#47     Mar 15, 2006
  8. romik

romik

Have you analyzed your mistakes during the time you traded?

In trading, like in sports, you have to work on your weaknesses, if you can't better yourself, if you can't make yourself do things you don't like doing, than you have to stay clear of trading, as it might eventually ruin you both financially and emotionally.

I wish you all the best.

#48     Mar 15, 2006
  9. Donna

...nice contribution

a very high quality general solution.

#49     Mar 15, 2006
  10. CTTrader

CTTrader

not a gambler...it's not easy...trading took all my emotions away, i don't laugh at jokes etc.....anyhow...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe nobody has corrected/strongly disagreed with/ mocked this post. Perhaps the above personality profile fits the semi-successful, five-figure/year grinder, but certainly not the seven figures+ high roller. Not even close!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, gamblers don't make money in Vegas or in the market. Some gamblers get lucky and play the big shot role for awhile, but eventually they all bust out. The ones who make money in gambling or the markets do their homework, keep their emotions in check, and are obsessive about managing risk. The ones who make 7 figures + do this the best.

#50     Mar 15, 2006