i broke; i QUIT

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Bachelier, Mar 14, 2006.

1. how: trading on days i shouldn't be trading, on days you feel very careless, because you want to be somewhere else. and then bet large.

#11     Mar 14, 2006
  2. At least you are out before losing money you don't have. Not many people are as lucky as you are.

#12     Mar 14, 2006
  3. MBfromLA

MBfromLA

Only roughly 3% make it in this business in the long run. To be successful you need a decent capital about 20K and a good MENTOR.
    I blew out many times, lost the count of how much i lost in the markets total,,should be about 50k if not more before i started making money consistently, about 500$ a day in average.
    But if you lost interest, good luck finding an alternate job, you can't trade just because u can't find a job, I trade because i love it , i'm proud of what i'm doing, i enjoy trading. If u don't like what ur doing find something else.
    You should have a good discipline, non smoker has a better chance, calm individual, instant decision maker, non drinker not a gambler...it's not easy...trading took all my emotions away, i don't laugh at jokes etc.....anyhow...
    Good luck.

#13     Mar 14, 2006

4. Theres much more money to be made outside of trading.
    Now its time to open up the mind and think new $$$ opportunities :)

What experience other then trading do you have in making money?

#14     Mar 14, 2006
  5. Cesko

Cesko

What is it a "service writer"?

#15     Mar 14, 2006
  6. hmmm, i founded a student organization or two in college. i did some backoffice work for UBS during breaks.

#16     Mar 14, 2006

7. thx for da insightful post; never read somethin' so innovative and purposeful in my entire life.

thank u, thank u very much

#17     Mar 14, 2006
  8. some good advice, thanks :)

#18     Mar 14, 2006
  9. a service writer is the person behind the counter at the dealership who writes up the service ticket when you bring the car in for repairs, many people don't realize these people are essentially commission positions, makes you think about what they tell you is wrong with the car.....

#19     Mar 14, 2006
  10. traderob

traderob

Bachillier,
    could you give more details. 5 years full-time- you must have some advice and stories to tell..

#20     Mar 14, 2006