i broke; i QUIT

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Bachelier, Mar 14, 2006.

1. over and out, tapioca ;) this "experienced" prop trader is turning off the lights.

i'll answer anyone's questions regarding the prop side of trading. i am also interested in hearing people's ideas about what next for me? i need money, but cannot do anything, don't even have a degree. basically i want to make a movie, but again.. no money.

2. Can u tell me how long have u been trading before u went out
    i blew $2K and i deided to give up
    what your situtation - ?
    Share your experience .

3. go work as a car salesman, or better yet get a job as a service writer for a car dealership..

good service writer can make easy $75k/yr and you don't need a degree or any experience imo....

4. Can you tell us a little bit about the firm you trader with, and how much you traded with? What market? What do you think was your major downfall?

Takes guts to say what you have said!

Good luck to you my friend.
    -Kastro

5. Don't take this the wrong way, but how in the world did you think you were going to make it with only a $2000 cushion? That doesn't even begin to cover most newbie's keyboard errors.

6. yeah, tell us how u did go boom; might help noobers and pros alike avoid doin' the same mistakes.

cheers
    bit

7. i have been trading full time.. for.. almost 5 years.

been working for a rather large prop firm with no money down. Basically i lost my interest 3 years ago. if i would be interested i would be driving at least a new BMW now.

8. buying power, correlated to one's needs and risk profile. commissions, virtually non-existent, i am on a cut. I am specialized in nasdaq. major downfall: more than 3 years ago, i switched to futures to move up on the foodchain and failed. then i went back to nasdaq, but without the drive when i was a beginner.

9. Can you say Gay for Pay or would you like fries with that?

Seriously, you gave it a try go back to working a stiff job, and bank up some capital and come back swinging.

10. Well i know $2000 is nothing
    it is just that i wanted to take a brake
    Cause i realized i was not ready yet due to the mistake i was making :(

#10     Mar 14, 2006