I Blew Up - What Now?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by heynow, Jan 19, 2007.

1. katesdp

katesdp

It's not "We are the Champions" but what's that other song by Queen?

#51     Jan 24, 2007
  2. ozzie123

ozzie123

Nice thread (too bad it's highjacked). Me myself almost got blown up this month. 50% down from my starting equity. It blows the punch out of me (I'm on my early 20s).

Now I'm back to the drawing board (learning that is) and trying to preserve my capital in anyway. I still trade though in small volume (100-200 shares probably) just to force some discipline out of me. So far not good, I still deviate from my trading plan...

Should work harder and success for all of us ;-)

#52     Jan 24, 2007
  3. Bohemian Rhapsody? :)

#53     Jan 24, 2007

4. Heynow,if i may suggest,trade less but do trade. Try trading credit spreads. Boring as hell but profitable. Low commissions due to low trading volume. I do think that a credit card is a viable option to trade the credit spread as risk is quite minimal.

http://www.wiseoptions.com/

This site can help you to understand credit spreads and to get started. The returns shown are minimal compared to reality of a monitored credit spread trade.

Good Luck to you.
    Do not give up,but do look into this option to allow you to build back up over time.

Cheers
    Lloyd111

#54     Jan 24, 2007
  5. Ripley(believe it or not),
    Start your daily trade journal here at ET today!! So, we can admire your success.

#55     Jan 24, 2007